Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Wick

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I can see 2 movies here one I want is a prequel that explores the characters in the Hotel. A sequel would be great if it had a decent point to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,878 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Common to Play Villain in Keanu Reeves' 'John Wick 2'
    The first Wick saw Reeves as an ex-hitman who is forced to dole out some retribution when gangsters break into his home, beat him up and kill his dog. He re-enters the tangled underworld of assassins he left behind and shows everyone that’s he’s still not to be trifled with.

Plot details for the new one are being kept muzzled but Common will be the movies’ chief villain, a head of security for a female crime lord.

Chad Stahelski is directing the movie, which is due to begin shooting this week. (The first one was co-directed by Stahelski and David Leitch but Leitch is now prepping to shooting spy thriller Coldest City with Charlize Theron and James McAvoy.)

Basil Iwanyk is producing.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-wick-2-common-play-834635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Ian McShane has signed up now....

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/27/john-wick-2-signs-ian-mcshane-for-return/

Ian McShane is the latest star to sign on to John Wick 2, reprising his role as Winston, the proprietor of The Continental, the mysterious hotel for assassins from the first film, THR reports. While the hotel has a strict no-killing policy, well, if you've seen the original, rules are made to be broken, right?

The sequel has been picking up stem recently, with Common signing on as a villain for the piece, set to go up against returning star Keanu Reeves. The film centers once again on Reeves, whose titular character was a retired hitman, on a classic revenge mission because of his dog being killed.

Chad Stahelski also returns to direct, after a long history as a stunt performer, including doubling for Reeves on a regular basis since The Matrix.

John Wick 2 has an expected release of late 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I normally wouldn't have cared much for Common but I thought he did a good job in Run All Night and think he should fit in nicely in the sequel.

As for Ian McShane, can never have enough of that guy and I hope he gets more time.

A few more returning cast members.

EXCLUSIVE:
    Keanu Reeves’ hitman John Wick is making some new friends and catching up with some familiar faces in the sequel to the sleeper hit action pic. Ruby Rose (Resident Evil: The Final Chapter), Riccardo Scamarcio (Burnt) and Peter Stormare (Fargo) join the already announced Common and returning Ian McShane in John Wick 2. Also coming back from the first movie are John Leguizamo, Bridget Moynahan, Tom Sadowski, and Lance Reddick.

Filming just started in New York and will decamp to Rome in the new year. As with John Wick, Basil Iwanyk produces through his Thunder Road banner along with David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, who also directs. Stahelski directed the original film, about an ex-hitman who is brought out of retirement as he seeks revenge on a group of gangsters who took everything from him. Plot details are being kept under wraps.

Derek Kolstad (John Wick) wrote the screenplay. The film will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment. Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally. The original grossed $130.9 million worldwide last fall.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/john-wicks-2-keanu-reeves-ian-mcshane-common-lionsgate-summit-basil-iwanyk-1201615113/

• Advertisement

• Only got around to watching this recently and boy was I surprised.
    A great movie with some savage action.

Love the idea that the hotel
    is a front for all the assassins with it's own rules and regulations in place, also the currency they use

However I hate at the start
    when he kills the puppy that mother****er
    :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I watched this last weekend. It's dumb as a box of rocks but highly entertaining.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't see twitter at the moment, what's it say?
    Keanu Reeves will travel to Rome to kick some Italian ass as JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO drops 2/10/17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Keanu doesn't act as John Wick, he becomes John Wick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Watching it again.. 20 minutes in..
    Goosebumps

"Chapter 2" Trailer dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Geraldo wrote: »
    Anyone know the DVD release date for this?

The dvd now €3 on hmv.ie

Advertisement