Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Coonagh Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Dunnes 4 for €10 on O'Haras, good for Leann Folainn
    Kinsale kpa cans only €2.30 also, lowest I've seen them
    Fran Wells 4 for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

12 x 330ml Kronenbourg 1664 for E10 in Tesco.

I've always thought it a very drinkable lager and at that price it's well worth it.

In supervalu blackrock yesterday I seen a discounted craft shelf, didn't get to have a proper look but seen some Kelly's justice? Also large Italian bottles 32? They also have a growler system in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Dunnes:

2 euro for single 330ml bottles of Affligem Blonde (6.8%): http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/196/620/

Sale on all French wines.

• Advertisement

folamh wrote: »
    Dunnes:

2 euro for single 330ml bottles of Affligem Blonde (6.8%): http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/196/620/

Sale on all French wines.

Afflligem is delisted and reduced to clear in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Spotted a couple of Wychwood beers on special @ €2.29 in Aldi this evening.

Got a few King goblin and one each of the Hobgoblin Gold and DrThirstys to try. Really like the regular hobgoblin so looking forward to the Kinggoblin may go back in the morning to clear the shop of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ryath wrote: »
    Spotted a couple of Wychwood beers on special @ €2.29 in Aldi this evening.

Got a few King goblin and one each of the Hobgoblin Gold and DrThirstys to try. Really like the regular hobgoblin so looking forward to the Kinggoblin may go back in the morning to clear the shop of them! :D

Great price on the King Goblin, I'm sure I saw that for over €4 a bottle last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

edit wrong thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

^^^ you can delete posts: Edit then select Advanced.

Anyway: I was in Lidl today, and they have their own brand Black Lager and Festbier there for €1.49 each. (They appear to be from the same brewery as their Perlenbacher, if the boxes are any guide.

I'm trying the Black Lager first, since it's a type with which I'm not familiar. It's not exactly black, more like maroon. I thought it would be more heavily hopped, but I'm tasting more molasses than chocolate in this one. Not as interesting as I was hoping, but still OK.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

bnt wrote: »
    Anyway: I was in Lidl today, and they have their own brand Black Lager and Festbier there for €1.49 each. (They appear to be from the same brewery as their Perlenbacher, if the boxes are any guide.

Interesting. Cans or bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cans. I tried the Fest beer and it wasn't that bad.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Cans. I tried the Fest beer and it wasn't that bad.

Went up to get a few pairs of running socks and picked up a few of these also

Came across something a bit interesting in Lidl this evening. They're clearing their special French range they had in recently... everything from cheese to macaroons is under the "Duc de Coeur" brand, including a 7% French Strong Pale Ale now at 2.99 for 750ml.

I did a little sleuthing and it's made by Les Brasseurs de Gayant who also make La Goudale. The only product they make that fits the bill above is La Goudale Grand Cru, marketed in France as Belgian Strong Pale Ale.

This is clearly the same brew repackaged for the French promotion. I picked up a few and it's tres bien, as the locals would say. Be going back again tomorrow for a few more!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

500ml cans, I should have said. I got to the Festbier later, it was quite fruity and balanced.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

500ml cans, I should have said. I got to the Festbier later, it was quite fruity and balanced.

I have tried both the festbier and the schwarz. Found both quite drinkable . The French strong pale ale however was not to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

750ml Leffe and Hogaarden €2.99 a pop in Lidl! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

6 pack of 250ml bottles of La Goudale for €5.99 in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The schwartzbier was rather disappointing, quite bland but had that 'cheap Lidl beer taste' nonetheless. (Like Perlenbacher does)
    €1.49 isn't that cheap by most places standards, never mind Lidl, so I was expecting better.

The festbier is better, but only OK so still not great value. There are lots of mainstream and not so mainstream beers available for that price or cheaper if you look around. I'd much rather have a Tyskie for instance, same strength, nicer taste and 6.50 for 4x500mL cans in Tesco.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have tried both the festbier and the schwarz. Found both quite drinkable . The French strong pale ale however was not to my liking.

I liked the French pale ale but my boyfriend hated it, more for me!

• Advertisement

Tried the Festbier last night and hated it at first but it really grew on me after a couple.

They're still marked 1.49 but they're scanning as 2 for 2.00 so think I'll pick up a few this evening at that price to stash for Chrimbo.

For some reason I've always loved having Oktoberfest beers in for Christmas (I guess it's our version of the big booze fest anyway) so it'll be a lot cheaper hanging on to a few of these than forking out for imported Augustiner and such like I've done other years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Lux23 wrote: »
    I liked the French pale ale but my boyfriend hated it, more for me!

I found that it is drinkable, but there's something a-miss with it. The cider on the other hand is decent if only in terms of comparison to the cider market in Irish supermarkets in general. Always overtly sweet tasting, everytime - Bulmers, Orchard Thieves etc. Never a palatable dry cider on offer, God forbid! :). If you want that you must find yourself a specialized off-licence where you'd generally pay over the odds.

The Lidl Doc de Coeur cider, whilst hardly the greatest symphony ever played on a palate, at least steers away from all the sickly sweet ubiquitous efforts that all Irish supermarkets stock so broadly. We're not great for cider and I don't even drink a whole lot of it.

Sorry for the lengthy reply here:)

I found that it is drinkable, but there's something a-miss with it. The cider on the other hand is decent if only in terms of comparison to the cider market in Irish supermarkets in general. Always overtly sweet tasting, everytime - Bulmers, Orchard Thieves etc. Never a palatable dry cider on offer, God forbid! :). If you want that you must find yourself a specialized off-licence where you'd generally pay over the odds.

The Lidl Doc de Coeur cider, whilst hardly the greatest symphony ever played on a palate, at least steers away from all the sickly sweet ubiquitous efforts that all Irish supermarkets stock so broadly. We're not great for cider and I don't even drink a whole lot of it.

Sorry for the lengthy reply here:)

Can't stomach any of the main Irish ciders but tried a couple Orchard Thieves recently and it was literally like drinking a bag of apple drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

2ndcoming wrote: »
    like drinking a bag of apple drops.

Very apt description.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

6 pack of 250ml bottles of La Goudale for €5.99 in Aldi

250ml bottles are silly, its a pity they aren't stocking the 750ml again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Guinness West Indies Porter cracking value at €2 a bottle in Dunnes this afternoon. Dublin Porter at the same price but nowhere near as good IMHO.

Big Bangin now only €7 in Dunnes, €10 for 4 Leann Follain also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Tesco (Fleet Street Dublin, at least) have Leann Folláin at €2.59 and part of the 6-for-5 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

BeerNut wrote: »
    Tesco (Fleet Street Dublin, at least) have Leann Folláin at €2.59 and part of the 6-for-5 offer.

Maynooth also, so seems to not be store-specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

O`Hara IPA 4for 10euro was in tesco now in Dunnes Gorey.Tesco now 6for5.

Advertisement