Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest/Best Cinema Screen in Dublin Area?

Options
  • 07-10-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

I dont go to the cinema often but when I do its for a film I really want to experience at its best. Just wondering where in the Dublin area houses the biggest screen? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi

I dont go to the cinema often but when I do its for a film I really want to experience at its best. Just wondering where in the Dublin area houses the biggest screen? Thanks

Quality over quantity IMO. Probably Cineworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Screen 1 (or 'The Big Fella') at Vue Cinemas in Liffey Valley is the biggest, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Isense in point village, Imax in Cineworld and screen 1 Savoy are all much of a muchness in town though Cineworld is probably the best (imo) but far more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Falthyron wrote: »
    Screen 1 (or 'The Big Fella') at Vue Cinemas in Liffey Valley is the biggest, afaik.

Horrible cinema/location IMO, never going back and outrageous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Cheers for all the feedback, appreciate it. Yea lookin like UGC for "The Force Awakens" then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

for the atmosphere and the big screen I would go to Savoy 1 any day of the week over Cineworlds modern clean cut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Me and the misses made the move to Odeon in the Point Village and it's been a great experience time after time. Crowd seems to be mostly adult and rarely any messing and havn't encountered any technical glitches. Went to the Martian there at the weekend, Saturday night, and although packed, it was a brilliant experience.

We were going to Odeon in Coolock for a good while but the place started to get packed, after it had gone through a number of months being relatively empty when we would go. Audiences started to get a lot more disruptive and a few films were spoiled by the experience.

Movies @ Swords (live in Swords) we tried on and off for the early years but never got a run of a few films where there wasnt audience disruption or technical issues in the screens.

Definitly have trimed down our trips lately which is a shame. For a good few years we went every week, see anything and everything. But it started to hurt in the pocket. Two adults and two medium combos, €40. That's what I paid for the 6:30pm showing of The Martian on Saturday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Cool,thanks again for suggestions..

Advertisement