Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving in France - Getting a toll tag from tolltickets.com?

• 08-05-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi Folks.

I'm heading off driving around Europe (mostly France) and have been looking at how I can take the hassle out of the tolls without some minor acrobatics in the car to pay them (I'll be on my own).

I've found that non French nationals appear to be able to get one of their Tollpéagé tags to use the automatic lanes from a company called tolltickets.com tags which would be perfect.
    Will work out a bit more expensive but worth it in the long run from a pure convenience point of view!

Direct link to the Franch short term tag:
    http://www.tolltickets.com/shop/pricelist.aspx?lang=en-GB&mnu=c&pc=libert&ct=short

Anyone any experience doing this or with the site?

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

What happens to the tag charges when you come back home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

You get the invoice detailing the tolls you used just like our E-trip service from the looks of it.

S.

b318isp wrote: »
    What happens to the tag charges when you come back home?

Sorry, you said Tag charges.
    It looks like you send it back once you are done if you go for the non yearly one.
    They then charge you the additional days you had it over the 21 included.

S.

shurl wrote: »
    You get the invoice detailing the tolls you used just like our E-trip service from the looks of it.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Thanks. I assume you have to return the tag when finished with it, and that should trigger the final invoice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Family used them loads, you pay small fee 8-10 euro plus postage to start with, you give them card details you wish to use at start to.

For up to 3 weeks there no hire charge (loan/rent??), there after there is a small charge per day until tags are returned there after a invoice is emailed with amounts and breakdown of roads used/tolled and they take money. Think on last one you can say longer periods away now though.

When ordering always give it a week or more for it to be delivered to you, I usually got it in 3-4 days but dont take chance with postal service.

They are very good as you expect from German company to be honest 2 things bugged/confused early on.

1. they charge you monthly type basis. As in if you travel overlapping months you will get invoiced useage of that month then another end of next month rather than say 1 invoice for everything in one go. This could be down to how Liber-T charge them.

2. the Invoice is not straight forward looking on breakdown, looks like just a long list of roads 1 after other and very busy

But overall very good to deal with and very handy to have compared to stopping and starting at tolls getting rhd car to pay etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I looked into doing this before, as I drive in France most years, but it seems you need to have a bank account in France, or a partner country, like Germany or Denmark. It would be handy, going as far as Barcelona this year, bit the queues aren't that long at the plazas

Thanks a lot Edburg.
    Had assumed as much that thats how they would charge al right. Was hoping someone had used it before and were happy as it will be a great help.
    Am I right in saying there appears to be a percentage charge on top of the tolls too?
    Sort of like a service charge?

S.

edburg wrote: »
    Family used them loads, you pay small fee 8-10 euro plus postage to start with, you give them card details you wish to use at start to.

For up to 3 weeks there no hire charge (loan/rent??), there after there is a small charge per day until tags are returned there after a invoice is emailed with amounts and breakdown of roads used/tolled and they take money. Think on last one you can say longer periods away now though.

When ordering always give it a week or more for it to be delivered to you, I usually got it in 3-4 days but dont take chance with postal service.

They are very good as you expect from German company to be honest 2 things bugged/confused early on.

1. they charge you monthly type basis. As in if you travel overlapping months you will get invoiced useage of that month then another end of next month rather than say 1 invoice for everything in one go. This could be down to how Liber-T charge them.

2. the Invoice is not straight forward looking on breakdown, looks like just a long list of roads 1 after other and very busy

But overall very good to deal with and very handy to have compared to stopping and starting at tolls getting rhd car to pay etc etc

That's through Liber-T themselves. With Toll-tickets.com they took it from a credit/debit card with us.

Hi Trailerbob.
    Would that be the Sanef service from the UK?
    Had checked that one myself and you do need a UK/French bank account alright.
    For tolltickets.com though they specifically say its open to all so they must have a special agreement with the firms.

"Automated toll payment used to be only possible for users with a French bank account. But now tolltickets and its service partners provide a Liber-t Box to all European users outside France - without the need for a French bank account"
    TrailerBob wrote: »
    I looked into doing this before, as I drive in France most years, but it seems you need to have a bank account in France, or a partner country, like Germany or Denmark. It would be handy, going as far as Barcelona this year, bit the queues aren't that long at the plazas

shurl wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Edburg.
    Had assumed as much that thats how they would charge al right. Was hoping someone had used it before and were happy as it will be a great help.
    Am I right in saying there appears to be a percentage charge on top of the tolls too?
    Sort of like a service charge?

S.

Cant say I remember there being a service charge, it could be a % on top all right.

I see if I can sign in and see my account history still or if dad has his invoice from last year.

• Advertisement

Well cant see the break down anymore but it does say

4.50€ activation cost for tag
    3.80€ for postage + package (inc returns jiffy envelope)

That's your initial charge and then after 22 days a charge 25c per day until returned, plus invoices

You don't have to remove the Tag's clip from windscreen by way you get to keep that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Aha, that's interesting! I was looking through sanef/liber-t alright. Might get one of those. I'll have a couple of runs without a passenger to do. Save having to get out and walk around!

Ha, don't suppose they are the same tags/clips as e-trip use ? Would be dead handy to just be able to swap it around!

Cheers for the review edburg, reckon I'll go for it. Will be a big help.

S.
    edburg wrote: »
    Well cant see the break down anymore but it does say

4.50€ activation cost for tag
    3.80€ for postage + package (inc returns jiffy envelope)

That's your initial charge and then after 22 days a charge 25c per day until returned, plus invoices

You don't have to remove the Tag's clip from windscreen by way you get to keep that lol

Exactly!
    Don't fancy that at all while looking like a plank to the poor other motorists behind ye :o or having to make sure to have the change sorted. Will take the hassle out of it.

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Aha, that's interesting! I was looking through sanef/liber-t alright. Might get one of those. I'll have a couple of runs without a passenger to do. Save having to get out and walk around!

Ah don't I was doing that mont blanc tunnel in heavy traffic with all cars sounding horn thinking I was demented counting out pennies lol

They don't cover the big tunnels by way, having said above, like that by way as liber-t don't operate them tolls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement