Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Self drive car transporter - Hire

Options
  • 11-05-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

Does anyone know where I can rent a car transporter (I'm in Cavan)?

I'm not after a car transport trailer (like Brian James or the likes) but a van with a flatbed and winch, which I can drive myself.

Any private renters out there? I have a full Irish licence with no points and will sort out insurance etc. myself.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have looked before none available in Ireland as far as I know, only in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Local garage near me used to rent one. For a short while.
    They don't anymore, as they said it's impossible to obtain insurance for rental purposes for this thing.

As always Irish ridiculous insurance market makes simple things impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

misterheg wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know where I can rent a car transporter (I'm in Cavan)?

I'm not after a car transport trailer (like Brian James or the likes) but a van with a flatbed and winch, which I can drive myself.

Any private renters out there? I have a full Irish licence with no points and will sort out insurance etc. myself.

Thanks in advance.

I know a fella who is very careful and trustworthy if you want his details il pm u

• Registered Users Posts: 42 misterheg

Thanks for your replies and yes please PM me his details.

Advertisement