Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i30 Diesel Fuel Filter Light

Options
  • 11-05-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have the fuel filter light coming on and off for me on a 2007 1.6 CRDI.
    It doesn't stay on full time, but generally you start the vehicle, it lights up and flickers on and off for a sec or two and then disappears.

Now according to my mother she hasnt seen the light come on in weeks, as initially when the light came on I took out the fuel filter, use the drain plug at the bottom and let all the fuel out, didnt bother putting it into a container to check for water, I think last time it came on 2 years ago I cleared it out and it was fine afterwards.

The fuel filter was changed roughly about 5000 km ago, its due for a service in 7-10k km I think.

I've nowhere really to bring it, as non franchised garages around the place tell me I need to bring it to Hyundai garage, local Hyundai Garage is a bit of a joke in terms of diagnosing the car on clear consistent issues and generally without an EML they wont go near it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's just water in the filter. There's a drain at the bottom. 5 minute job for any mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's just water in the filter. There's a drain at the bottom. 5 minute job for any mechanic

Well the drain plug is in a pretty akward place to unscrew it, I can generally get to it, but cant unscrew it through the maze of pipes :)

Last time I removed, cleared all of the fuel/water, test drove it and no light. Next morning the light came back on. Could there be something else I am missing?

Advertisement