Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C220 Avantgarde

Options
  • 06-05-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a 2006 Merc C220 Avantgarde Diesel auto estate with 116k on the clock. It's got full service history and is pretty high spec'ed i.e. built in sat nav etc.

A couple of things. Is the 2006 model reliable ? Anything I need to look out for if I'm going to view it ?

My other option is a manual BMW 520D 2008 with 140k on the clock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

2006 would be the older model right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

TinCool wrote: »
    My other option is a manual BMW 520D 2008 with 140k on the clock.

Be VERY careful touching that due to well known and discussed timing chain issues. Search boards for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I'm not sure about the C-Class, but the E-Class was "facelifted! in mid 2006, and a lot of electrical problems were sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

The older model isn't really a patch on the newer one, but I don't think there are many engine issues with that older model diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Elects can be temperamental

Rear cd changer in boot blows fuses. Fuse is locate in centre console below handbrake... Not obvious place so might save head scratching .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The W203 ran from 2000 to 2007 ....

Mercedes-Benz-C-class-w203-estate-002.jpg

Thanks guys. Ive ended up going for a 530D 2004 plate in fantastic condition with full service history. Picking it up later today. I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks guys. Ive ended up going for a 530D 2004 plate in fantastic condition with full service history. Picking it up later today. I'm a happy bunny.

Man, this is a serious step up from a very tired Passat TDI. The 530D is such a smooth ride, super comfortable, the kids love it and the wife is quietly impressed. All good. When you put the foot down.... wow, can it go like the clappers. Will be treating this car with a lot of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Man, this is a serious step up from a very tired Passat TDI. The 530D is such a smooth ride, super comfortable, the kids love it and the wife is quietly impressed. All good. When you put the foot down.... wow, can it go like the clappers. Will be treating this car with a lot of respect.

Sounds great, well wear! Maybe a few photos when you have a chance?

• Advertisement

tippman1 wrote: »
    Sounds great, well wear! Maybe a few photos when you have a chance?

Yeah will do. I'm an Irish man in UK these days. £290 road tax which is far more manageable than the crazy €1500 in Eire... ouch. Don't think I could have justified it if I were still in Dublin.

Advertisement