Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD in PC World €100

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Good price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I can't remember the exact price of the 512 GB I think it was about 250, which would make Amazon and crucial cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

It's a great price for a bricks & mortar store alright. Still a little cheaper on amazon though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Cheaper on amazon and delivered to your door and better customer service on amazon. But good deal from PC world for once.

Looks like a recent model as well, not some older stuff they are trying to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Tinie wrote: »
    Cheaper on amazon and delivered to your door and better customer service on amazon. But good deal from PC world for once.

well spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

For about €6 more you'd have the superior Samsung 840 from Amazon. I nearly pulled the trigger on it a few days ago myself :)

But in fairness, it's a good price from Irish B&M

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Good price! I've been telling myself for over a year that I should pick one of these high capacity drives up...but my 64GB SSD is still perfect in my main machine. It's been going for years now, and is still blisteringly fast. Maybe I'll get one at the next drop in price in 6 months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

€96 on Pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

€96 on Pixmania.

Pixmania is PC World.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

jontr wrote: »
    Pixmania is PC World.

Not anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Pixmania = nightmare service . wouldn't touch them (again) with a barge pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

If PC World Waterford would answer their phone they might make a sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's not a good price, it's a fantastic price for a store. It's what, 2 euro more expensive than Amazon? Hardly even worth pointing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I phoned the 1890 number for PC World and they said that there should not be any Crucial SSDs for sale in Ireland..

So I chanced it anyway and I just picked one up in Waterford. Not in the same location as the others SSDs in store, so I was lucky to find it. There is 1 left in Waterford.

Now I hope that I am in time to cancel the SSD that I ordered last night from Amazon

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    I phoned the 1890 number for PC World and they said that there should not be any Crucial SSDs for sale in Ireland..

I tried to find them on the website before I posted but no joy. They might be a misprice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ballyv24 wrote: »

So I chanced it anyway and I just picked one up in Waterford. Not in the same location as the others SSDs in store, so I was lucky to find it. There is 1 left in Waterford.

Now I hope that I am in time to cancel the SSD that I ordered last night from Amazon

I wouldn't be relaying on what staff tell you. Most of the staff in these places are pretty clueless when it comes to what they are selling.

In Blanch these are all cleared off the shelves. They have stock of crucial MX100 128GB for 79 I think. Which seems a bit more than amazon. The 128 seem to be an slower type than the 256's though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Good price! I've been telling myself for over a year that I should pick one of these high capacity drives up...but my 64GB SSD is still perfect in my main machine. It's been going for years now, and is still blisteringly fast. Maybe I'll get one at the next drop in price in 6 months :P

With the way SSD prices are going, they'll be free with a box of coco pops in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It's an absolutely brilliant price for a bricks and mortar store. For pc world, it's so good you'd assume they got a pallet of stuff by accident!

beauf wrote: »
    I wouldn't be relaying on what staff tell you. Most of the staff in these places are pretty clueless when it comes to what they are selling.

In Blanch these are all cleared off the shelves. They have stock of crucial MX100 128GB for 79 I think. Which seems a bit more than amazon. The 128 seem to be an slower type than the 256's though.

It is the nature of SSD drives that larger ones of the same type can have faster write speeds due to parallel processing. The read speeds are about the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement