Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo G510, Intel i7, AMD HD8750M, Hybrid-SSHD 1TB/8GB, DOS - €529 + Post[Amazon.DE]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Ronan14 wrote: »
    How is the display on this? And is there a backlit keyboard?

1366 x 768.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bewerten

dango wrote: »
    Got the laptop a week ago. First impressions were for the most part very positive. It's a normal sized laptop. Not massive not tiny but with a 15" it's to be expected.
    I upgraded the ram to 8gb, keyboard to a UK version and the hdd to a SDD. Performance feels absolutely great as expected.

Did you actually replace the keyboard or get one of the silicon covers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Bewerten wrote: »
    Did you actually replace the keyboard or get one of the silicon covers?
    Dango upgraded ram to 8gig and switch to SSD. Highly doubt he slapped on a stupid non useable cheapo silicon KB cover*

*hate them things:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

I swapped in the uk keyboard from the first link. Quality is the exact same as the german keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

Looks promising for my studies and throwing in some games around.

How do you buy and what type and how do you inssert and upgrade ram memorie?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

dremo wrote: »
    Looks promising for my studies and throwing in some games around.

How do you buy and what type and how do you inssert and upgrade ram memorie?

Thank you

I bought here (used parcel motel): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008CP5R8K?pc_redir=1408456982&robot_redir=1

And followed this tutorial:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LRrqpG5Q-D0

I apologise if these come up as mobile sites as I am on my phone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

That is great help, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

dango wrote: »
    I swapped in the uk keyboard from the first link. Quality is the exact same as the german keyboard.

Was it easy to do? Any guides on how to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Quick question , is there anyway at all to get gigabit ethernet with this laptop? Would like to get the full use of the 200mb UPC but it's not that much of a problem anyway , other then that the laptop is great!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dazza wrote: »
    Quick question , is there anyway at all to get gigabit ethernet with this laptop? Would like to get the full use of the 200mb UPC but it's not that much of a problem anyway , other then that the laptop is great!!!

Some of the G510s have Broadcom Net X-treme Gigabit ports- if the one you're buying doesn't- it is fairly easy to swap out the NIC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Dazza wrote: »

The NIC appears to be integrated on the board so if you can't buy a system with a Gigabit port, a USB to Gigabit ethernet adapter is your only bet if you must avail of that 200mb connection. A USB 2.0 adapter should be enough - dedicating the USB3 port would be a tragedy (unless you want to future proof in case UPC goes mental fast anytime soon or maximise system use while on line).

Advertisement