Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

daytob wrote: »
    Tesco plug in recharger for aa & aaa batteries with 2 aa and 2 aaa batteries is around 3.43. don't know the exact price. cant find my receipt :confused:
    Found a couple of these but somewhat disappointed. First tried charging the four batteries that came with it and it was going very slowly so then just put in the two AAA batteries. Even after leaving them in the charger for most of the day, the batteries were not fully charged - they are about 75% charged according to my battery tester. The manufacture date on the batteries is September 2011. Anyone know the shelf life on rechargeable batteries? It's been a while since I've used rechargeable batteries, maybe they do take a long time to charge the first time?

Also for anyone buying the Rolson torches, check the batteries. I found three of the Rolson torches today - two were fine but the batteries had corroded inside the third one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

320062.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Grabbed one of those torches in Douglas today.
    There were a few but only some were scanning cheaply, ones with the barcode tagged to them, not stuck on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Got a set of Sennheiser reduced from €85 to 15 and puma head phone from €50 to 7.08 yoyos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Got a set of Sennheiser reduced from €85 to 15 and puma head phone from €50 to 7.08 yoyos
    Eh.... where? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

What were the models/styles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

leck wrote: »
    Found a couple of these but somewhat disappointed. First tried charging the four batteries that came with it and it was going very slowly so then just put in the two AAA batteries. Even after leaving them in the charger for most of the day, the batteries were not fully charged

I got one and it seems to work well, although I didn't try the batteries that came with it.
    You can't charge AA and AAA together, when charging 2 put them either on the left side or right, i.e. not the two middle slots(although I don't think it will work at all with them there)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Spotted these reduced in Tesco Ashbourne a few mins ago, could be reduced nationwide.

Magicbox Prism Dab Radio €20.68
    Technika DAB121 Radio €13.27
    Tesco CR11201LD Jumbo display clock radio €4.94
    Pure One Mi s2 €49
    Technika SP1102 Pa Speaker for Iphone and Ipad €24.30
    Technika Retro Leather DAB Radio €31.02
    img_20140828_100648tvkz4.jpg
    img_20140828_100759i3kjx.jpg
    img_20140828_1008098ikh8.jpg

I got one and it seems to work well, although I didn't try the batteries that came with it.
    You can't charge AA and AAA together, when charging 2 put them either on the left side or right, i.e. not the two middle slots(although I don't think it will work at all with them there)
    Yeah, first time I plugged it in to charge, I had the batteries the way they were packed with the two AAA on the outside and the two AA in the middle. That wasn't working well, so then just put two paired AAAs on their own. Will try to see if I can get the charging to complete now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Senneiser MM50 and Puma Sports buds. Tesco Rush. I going down now for milk i will report back if they have any left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Clearwater has been picked clean, some crazy person had tried 20 different headphones at the price checker, I got a pair of Panasonic RP-HXD3W for €16.49, not a great sound but they'll do for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

320208.jpg
    These are the Puma Sports Buds €7.08 white box

There was a similar red box that was not reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CH3OH wrote: »
    320208.jpg
    These are the Puma Sports Buds €7.08 white box

There was a similar red box that was not reduced

Which branch did you get these in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Purple Skullkandy headphones down to a fiver, got last one but might be in other stores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco white baguette 400g 50c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭septictank

snubbleste wrote: »

I seen that last night around 8pm in Cabra and thought they were just getting rid of bread going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

daytob wrote: »
    Spotted these reduced in Tesco Ashbourne a few mins ago, could be reduced nationwide.

Magicbox Prism Dab Radio €20.68
    Technika DAB121 Radio €13.27
    Tesco CR11201LD Jumbo display clock radio €4.94
    Pure One Mi s2 €49
    Technika SP1102 Pa Speaker for Iphone and Ipad €24.30
    Technika Retro Leather DAB Radio €31.02

There was a similar collection in Stillorgan this morning.

Also sand tables reduced to €12 something, there were 3 on the shelf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

ShaneU wrote: »
    Purple Skullkandy headphones down to a fiver, got last one but might be in other stores

Thanks for this. Just picked up a pair for €5.50 in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Tesco 9 pack of Tayto cheese and onion €2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Packets of dog treats (can't remember the brand name and too lazy to go and look) - they're in a green packet, reduced from 2euro to 49cents in Ennis Tesco. Stocked up on enough to last my dog a good while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

mel.b wrote: »
    Packets of dog treats (can't remember the brand name and too lazy to go and look) - they're in a green packet, reduced from 2euro to 49cents in Ennis Tesco. Stocked up on enough to last my dog a good while :)

If they're anything like the cat treats they had reduced awhile ago your dog won't thank you. I bought loads thinking they were great value and when I gave them to my cat she was like wtf are these, wouldn't touch them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

No, these are good ones, 70% actual meat. I buy them occasionally and my dog loves them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snubbleste wrote: »

Was charged 1 Euro for it in Tesco Maynooth- went to the customer service desk- and got my Euro back (aka double the 50c difference). Nice sandwich for dinner.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Which branch did you get these in?
    Picked up a pair in Douglas, Cork yesterday. There was one pair left after me. Same for a pair of Sony sport ones. Reduced from 55 to 12, one pair after me.

Couldn't find the sennheiser ones mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Checked Naas. No cheap sennheiser buds. Price checked them all. Got a set of cheap sonys for 4 euro all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco Douglas in cork

Skull candy hesh 79.99 scanning at 8
    Skull candy low rider (I think) 7 or 8
    Urban ears white / pink / navy marked 69.99 scanning at 9
    Sennheiser rs 120 wireless headphones for a TV scanning at 21 (there were some Philips Panasonic and Sony ones that are possibly scanning reduced prices too)
    Skull candy navigator scanning at 8

Pure Sierra alarm clock marked 46 scanning 33

Philips wireless Bluetooth marked 61 scanning at 40 something

A few radio alarm clocks and some Bluetooth speakers reduced too.

Bonus prize for someone : Logitech di novo remote was scanning as contact staff - when I did the lady quoted me 89.99 but there's every chance that could be marked down over the next few days.

Plum 8ft trampoline reduced to 56

Edit : apple iPad Dock - marked 29.99 scanning at 8 something

(All prices approximate)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Fiolina wrote: »
    If they're anything like the cat treats they had reduced awhile ago your dog won't thank you. I bought loads thinking they were great value and when I gave them to my cat she was like wtf are these, wouldn't touch them :)
    Typical cat

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

mel.b wrote: »
    No, these are good ones, 70% actual meat. I buy them occasionally and my dog loves them.

What is the name on them thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco mallow have the sennheiser mm50's at €15 were €85.

Sony alarm clock ICF-C218 reduced to €10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

pkkil wrote: »
    What is the name on them thanks

They're called Irish Rover chicken meaty strips - green bag with a yellow panel near the top. My dog loves them and she is an insanely picky eater.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement