Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I guess that makes sense, but I still don't see why it is unreasonable to want to know the identity of those that will investigate the club.

For example, it has already shown that this whole 'taxi-rank system' is bollocks.

On another matter: Rangers get the record for attendances in any 4th tier league worldwide, and Little scores a hattrick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I never said it was unreasonable, the way it was done was unreasonable. What really grates though is McCoist playing to the gallery knowing full well that his club agreed the rules 12 months before. If he had an ounce of dignity, he would have told the Rangers support at the time, 'We know the identity of the panel members but cannot disclose the names because the club agreed to these rules. Take it from me, I will ask the SPL and the rest of the clubs if we can change the rules'.

Not one media outfit (that I saw) pulled him up on it and now he is being investigated by the SPL, he moans again.

They probably didn't pull him up for it because they too though it was reasonable to want the identities made public.

By the way, the fact that now they have given the identities surely shows that it's perfectly ok to do so ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »

On another matter: Rangers get the record for attendances in any 4th tier league worldwide

ahem

Fourth-tier game attracts 60,000 spectators

I believe there were more than 60k at a League 2 play off in England a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

SPL total 32,487
    SFL1 total 10,041
    SFL2 total 2736
    SFL3 total 2042

All 4 divisions 47,296

Rangers 49,118

More than the rest of Scottish football put together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

SPL total 32,487
    SFL1 total 10,041
    SFL2 total 2736
    SFL3 total 2042

All 4 divisions 47,296

Rangers 49,118

More than the rest of Scottish football put together :)
    Celtic where away today so course it's going to be like that it's always been that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Impressive turnout alright but not sure sure what the big deal is tbh, there was always going to be big crowds at your games and the stat above has been repeated fir years previously!?!

As I said before the true test will come in Jan/Feb(again this is true for Celtic as well as Rangers)

Soups123 wrote: »
    Celtic where away today so course it's going to be like that it's always been that way

Makes no difference the fact is those stats show that our support are going to be hard to beat this season. You must remember this is the third division and going by season ticket sales we could be topping 45,000 at home games

Makes no difference the fact is those stats show that our support are going to be hard to beat this season. You must remember this is the third division and going by season ticket sales we could be topping 45,000 at home games
    Celtic and Rangers are always hard to beat, course Rangers fans are going to pile on the season tickets there in a novelty situation it would be the same with Celtic if it happened. The count of bums on seat in January/February and next season will test it. But it's a novelty adventure Rangers are on and fans want to be part of it, it's an easy sell

Celtic and Rangers are always hard to beat, course Rangers fans are going to pile on the season tickets there in a novelty situation it would be the same with Celtic if it happened. The count of bums on seat in January/February and next season will test it. But it's a novelty adventure Rangers are on and fans want to be part of it, it's an easy sell

LOL No they were not mate up until recently when McCoist said he was backing Green we had only sold a couple of hundred after recent events its going to take a lot to win over us fans

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    Impressive turnout alright but not sure sure what the big deal is tbh, there was always going to be big crowds at your games and the stat above has been repeated fir years previously!?!

As I said before the true test will come in Jan/Feb(again this is true for Celtic as well as Rangers)

As I said in the post above mate going back a couple of weeks it was a different story and the simple fact is if 35,000 have been sold it makes the finances for the year an awful lot better

LOL No they were not mate up until recently when McCoist said he was backing Green we had only sold a couple of hundred after recent events its going to take a lot to win over us fans

Nobody bought season tickets before the licence was granted for obvious reasons but as soon as you got your temp licence the season ticket sales began.

Not sure if you're serious about it taking a lot to win you over?!?

Alot to win the fans over??? so what are the 45,000 season ticket holders just the portion of those easily won over. You sold season tickets once the league and license was sorted

Alot to win the fans over??? so what are the 45,000 season ticket holders just the portion of those easily won over. You sold season tickets once the league and license was sorted

If you think we were persuaded that easy you no nothing even now if you visit FF which I don't use Green is disliked to say the least. And as I say until Ally gave his backing to Green the amount of season tickets sold was laughable.

I really love it when people tell me how us Gers fans feel ;)

Nobody bought season tickets before the licence was granted for obvious reasons but as soon as you got your temp licence the season ticket sales began.

Not sure if you're serious about it taking a lot to win you over?!?

A lot more serious than you think I don't know why people believe we were won over easily in fact most of us are only giving Green the benefit of the doubt so far

A lot more serious than you think I don't know why people believe we were won over easily in fact most of us are only giving Green the benefit of the doubt so far

The only thing I've seen from Green has been statements designed to play to the galleries, the bigotry claims, the imaginary line down the street that dictates your signings, the balance sheet being better than Celtic's by the end of the season etc etc

I've no doubt you know more about the other work he has done behind the scenes but on the original points there was never a real chance of a big drop in season tickets sales, as soon as the licence was granted the season tickets were snapped up, same as it ever was.

I don't deny it is very impressive but certainly no surprise to me.

The only thing I've seen from Green has been statements designed to play to the galleries, the bigotry claims, the imaginary line down the street that dictates your signings, the balance sheet being better than Celtic's by the end of the season etc etc

I've no doubt you know more about the other work he has done behind the scenes but on the original points there was never a real chance of a big drop in season tickets sales, as soon as the licence was granted the season tickets were snapped up, same as it ever was.

Ah the good old Bigotry claim you know many bears are trying to get it over it almost certainly is religious bigotry which unfortunately as soon as the word bigotry is said is the thing that everybody thinks it is

Ah the good old Bigotry claim you know many bears are trying to get it over it almost certainly is religious bigotry which unfortunately as soon as the word bigotry is said is the thing that everybody thinks it is

You know as well as anyone that the mere mention of bigotry from a guy in Green's position is going to be news, he should've been clear about exactly his point was rather than leaving it to fans to decipher.

Either way the statement was just another example of him playing to the Rangers fans who believe there is an agenda against them within Scottish football.

If you think we were persuaded that easy you no nothing even now if you visit FF which I don't use Green is disliked to say the least. And as I say until Ally gave his backing to Green the amount of season tickets sold was laughable.

I really love it when people tell me how us Gers fans feel ;)
    I didn't say how you or other fans feel, it was a simple response to ur stats post, my point being its nothing new.

• Advertisement

I didn't say how you or other fans feel, it was a simple response to ur stats post, my point being its nothing new.

The thing is in some ways it is we are in div three also we have a new owner who still has to gain our trust.
    I will also say I know how Rangers fans can turn there back on the team I remember going to Ibrox and standing in crowds of 9/10 thousand. We like most football fans can be a fickle bunch :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Maybe this might stop the nonsense about world record crowds in some sections of the Scottish media and the rangers support
    http://m.sambafoot.com/en/news/24837_fourth-tier_game_attracts_60_000_spectators.html
    Last night in the Estádio do Arruda in Recife, an attendance of 59,966 was recorded as home-side Santa Cruz booked a return to Série C with a 0-0 with Treze

Having come from 3-1 down away from home to pull level at 3-3, the result was enough for the Pernambuco side, long regarded as one of the best supported in Brazil.

Despite their lowely status, Santa Cruz have regularly attracted massive crowd figures and bost a massively loyal support, a feature of North-Eastern sides in Brazil.

Other teams promoted to Série C include Oeste and Mirassol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Maybe this might stop the nonsense about world record crowds in some sections of the Scottish media and the rangers support
    http://m.sambafoot.com/en/news/24837_fourth-tier_game_attracts_60_000_spectators.html

Ah, they're riding a bit of a "novelty" wave now anyway. Cheap tickets combined with the new journey has seen attendances be high.
    In 12/18 months you can be sure they'll have fallen once the novelty has worn off. And the thousands that travel over from the 6 counties won't be as ready to spend their money on flights/ferrys and hotels.
    And the same would have happened had it been us.

Ah, they're riding a bit of a "novelty" wave now anyway. Cheap tickets combined with the new journey has seen attendances be high.
    In 12/18 months you can be sure they'll have fallen once the novelty has worn off. And the thousands that travel over from the 6 counties won't be as ready to spend their money on flights/ferrys and hotels.
    And the same would have happened had it been us.

Really the smell of desperation from you lot is tangible :p

Really the smell of desperation from you lot is tangible :p

How is it desperation? It's just how I (and many others) read the current situation.
    I've said it would be the same were it our club that had to start anew. Do you disagree?

How is it desperation? It's just how I (and many others) read the current situation.
    I've said it would be the same were it our club that had to start anew. Do you disagree?

Well our club is not new please realise this

And to a certain extent I do disagree I think our home crowds will top over 40,00 for home games this season and won,t drop before we are back in the top flight

• Advertisement

And to a certain extent I do disagree I think our home crowds will top over 40,00 for home games this season and won,t drop before we are back in the top flight

Well that is your opinion, just as I voiced mine. I didn't voice it out of desperation, just in response to the post i quoted. Neither one of us can know beyond all certainty. But I'll hold my hands up and say I'm wrong if by the second half of next season you's draw a regular home crowd anywhere even close to capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

If your club isn't new, how did it end up in division 3?

We were thrown out of the SPL and had to apply to the SFL Oh we have a new company running us but the club is the same. I suggest you go onto the sfl site and check out the club page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

We were thrown out of the SPL and had to apply to the SFL Oh we have a new company running us but the club is the same. I suggest you go onto the sfl site and check out the club page
    I'd imagine everyone who provided services to THE FOOTBALL CLUB without being paid will be interested to know its the same.

How does a club get thrown out of the SPL? Are you sure it wasn't that the new club were rejected when they applied for SPL status? That would be my understanding of the situation

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I'd imagine everyone who provided services to THE FOOTBALL CLUB without being paid will be interested to know its the same.

Oh its been explained over and over I am sure you will find all about it if you look I am pretty fed up going over the same stuff over and over again.

Oh it not only the official SFL website that has all our history on it the SPL one does to

Took you lot long enough to come up with that, I've seen it on plenty of other message boards.

The problem with it is, it's not a league game.
    It's a play-off game.

Otherwise we would count the play-off final of Bristol City in 2007 too, which had over 60.000 in attendance.

Rangers claiming the record for the highest attendance in 4th tier football is a bit like a kid held back a year in school boasting about being the tallest in the class.

Rangers claiming the record for the highest attendance in 4th tier football is a bit like a kid held back a year in school boasting about being the tallest in the class.
    That's right Celtic would never claim anything that others didn't oh wait wartime goals seem to ring a bell
    Really it's a legitimate claim and I am dam sure if positions were reversed the tic would would be clamping it

Took you lot long enough to come up with that, I've seen it on plenty of other message boards.

The problem with it is, it's not a league game.
    It's a play-off game.

Otherwise we would count the play-off final of Bristol City in 2007 too, which had over 60.000 in attendance.

Less than 2 hours after you posted the world 'record' yesterday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80305155&postcount=5505

That's right Celtic would never claim anything that others didn't oh wait wartime goals seem to ring a bell
    Really it's a legitimate claim and I am dam sure if positions were reversed the tic would would be claiming it

Really it's a legitimate claim and I am dam sure if positions were reversed the tic would would be clamping it

Lets be honest it's a laughable claim even moreso that you have to disregard playoff games to make it stand up.

I can assure you I wouldn't be claiming it in your position though I'm sure others would.

Well sorry for not looking through every page.

Still wrong though.

Laughable though, that fans of a club who was so proud that they got the Greatest Fans in the World award are now up in arms because Rangers claim something too.

And I'm not even mentioning the 'Suville calculator'

Still wrong though.

Laughable though, that fans of a club who was so proud that they got the Greatest Fans in the World award are now up in arms because Rangers claim something too.

Hardly up in arms, just think it's funny you see the need to claim such a pointless record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

i think you'll find you just did ;)

• Advertisement

Still wrong though.

Every page? It was the next post after yours! :pac: :pac:

It is not wrong. You came onto this site claiming a world record which was debunked within a couple of hours of your post and now you are saying it is laughable that it was debunked! The only thing laughable is the tenuous need to claim the attendence record :confused:

It is not wrong. You came onto this site claiming a world record which was debunked within a couple of hours of your post and now you are saying it is laughable that it was debunked! The only thing laughable is the tenuous need to claim the attendence record :confused:

It's a world record for the fourth tier of Scottish football. Give them some credit, they obliterated the previous record.

I wouldn't call it 'debunked'.
    It's a world record for a regular 4th division league game, and no matter how much you try and discredit it, there's no way around it.

It's laughable that Celtic fans feel the need to look up some obscure match from Brazil.
    One would think you actually cared :pac:

It's a world record for the fourth tier of Scottish football. Give them some credit, they obliterated the previous record.

You really don't get it do you its a world record for a 4th tier LEAGUE game not a playoff or a cup game but a LEAGUEgame

:p

You really don't get it do you its a world record for a 4th tier LEAGUE game not a playoff or a cup game but a LEAGUEgame

:p

Does the Brazilian league count in determining a world record? No?

Does the Brazilian league count in determining a world record? No?

Think you will find that is classed as a playoff game. If I am wrong I will admit it but I don't think I am in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

What price were the tickets the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LOL @ Rangers for thinking their great for breaking records against part timers. /slow clap

LiamoSail wrote: »
    What price were the tickets the other day?

I think something like 14-15 pound.

Dry your eyes Dempsey, it's getting pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think something like 14-15 pound.

Dry your eyes Dempsey, it's getting pathetic.

Why would I be drying my eyes? :confused:

Tell us all about the records ye think ye broke in division 3, they're amazing feats! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement