Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes required for big four trainee

Options
  • 08-10-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Starting in Audit in few weeks, wondering the amount of smart clothes I will need. How are you expected to dress day to day?

Thinking for start 5 shirts, 3 pants couple ties. black and brown shoes. I have one nice suit, but I suppose I will need another?

Didn't do an internship so a bit clueless here.

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Currently third year trainee in a big four firm

Have around 10 shirts (gives me two weeks to have them washed, ironed and ready to go again)

Two good suits. You can get away with one suit and get a second pants for it (the jacket will usually just be thrown over the back of your chair for the day anyway so wont get the same wear and tear as as the trousers)

Few ties, and a pair of black shoes.

Long black coat too for the winter months.

Generally does Mon - Thurs, most firms have a "casual" Friday, so play that by ear as you go as to whats acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Currently third year trainee in a big four firm

Have around 10 shirts (gives me two weeks to have them washed, ironed and ready to go again)

Two good suits. You can get away with one suit and get a second pants for it (the jacket will usually just be thrown over the back of your chair for the day anyway so wont get the same wear and tear as as the trousers)

Few ties, and a pair of black shoes.

Long black coat too for the winter months.

Generally does Mon - Thurs, most firms have a "casual" Friday, so play that by ear as you go as to whats acceptable.

Brilliant reply, didnt think of coat. thanks a lot man. I got some shopping to do.. :-)

Advertisement