Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers/Back to education

• 23-05-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a mess and I need advice... I'd been on jobseekers last year so I got Back to Education allowance when I went back to college for a one year course this year.. My problem is that I'm from Wexford, so I'm signed on there, and my course was in Limerick, so I've been living here. The course is finished now so I have to go back on Jobseekers. But since I'm living in Limerick, it looks like I have to switch over to down here.

We're moving to a cheaper house this weekend-MUCH cheaper-half the price in fact, so I wont have any proof of address for there for switching over.... I read that a Tenancy Agreement will do but I'm not sure if I'll be able get one from the landlord as it's only a 3month summer lease on a student house.

I can't move home to Wexford for personal reasons to do with family, so thats not an option.. Also, I have to pay the deposit this weekend for the new house, I thought I would have enough but now my payment has been stopped, so I dont... And does anyone know how long it takes for your money to be switched over from a different county??

I hope this all makes sense to ye... Any help is appreciated!!

*And I'm obviously out looking for work, but I still need money to tie me over until I (hopefully) get a job...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Just a thought but why not ask the Landlord or letting agent for a letter confirming you have signed the lease and give them that, it should suffice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Yeah that's what I'm going to try, but since we're not moving til the weekend, nothing is signed yet and won't be until then. Do you know how long it takes to switch over to another county? I was told in the office in wexford before that it only takes a day or two but my friend switched from wexford to carlow before and it took weeks... :/

Ìt really is the luck of the draw and down to the efficiency of the 2 offices involved!! I will be transferring my claim shortly (moving to commuter land) to save money amongst other things so I am hoping they won't take forever too!! Good Luck..let me know how you get on :)

Its so worrying though.. Im gonna give them a ring now, but I dont really know what to say to them cos i'm useless talking on the phone... I'll try remember to let you know.. Thanks for your help and good luck when you switch over too! :)

Save your money!! Write a letter and go and queue up and give it to them, make sure they know you have a copy............Can't tell you the number of times I heard " But I told them on the phone!!" In person is always best with Social Welfare, Or splash out and send your letter recorded delivery...not a lot of money (although in fairness, a fair chunk out of €188!) and it can save so much hassle! Do everything in writing and keep copies. It is not that they mean to mess you about but the volume of information that they manage in any given week is huge and no one person has responsibility for your claim so it is very hard to assign responsibility when it all goes wrong!! However, that is when it goes wrong and they get it right more than they get it wrong! Think positive!!:)

• Advertisement

I see what you mean, but I have to call up Wexford and ask why my money has been stopped so they dont think to themselves, "Oh she hasnt even noticed its been stopped, she doesnt need it", ya know what I mean? Plus it'd be Wexford I'd have to go into and bus costs €27 one way... I'm not sniffing at your advice, I just think I should make it known that I'm immediately worried about having no money...

I see your problem, if the phone is a must, make sure to get the name of th person you speak to, no come back otherwise....Good luck:)

Well, did a big ring around there... Turns out its in the postoffice at home, but it expires today so I wouldnt be able get there in time to collect it.. Lady in the social welfare office said to re-register here so I'll try get a letter from the new landlord and call in to the s.w office down here tommorrow. Limerick city s.w branch eh? Barrell of laugh's i'd say.... :( Ugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you stuck for cash in the meantime go to your community welfare officer and explain the situation and they may be able to sort you out.

Ya I'd say I'll more than likely have to do that, if I can find them. Ha ha. Hopefully they'll help me in town tomorrow but I'm dreading goin in there, not like you hear good things about the place. But it has to be done, cant sniff at it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement