Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick q

Options
  • 23-05-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Im due to start on the dole this Tuesday - my meeting was last thursday, and approved.

I was told a letter would arrive to my 'home house' on Friday to instruct me on how to collect at my post office. It didnt arrive and now im gone back to my digs and prob wont be home til next week again.

So what do i need to collect this Tuesday? I was given a little yellow slip of paper by the guy in the welfare office. do i need the contents of that letter too?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Anyone?
    What is needed to sign on in a Post office? Just the yellow slip?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It is a Temporary Payment Card. UP42 written on it. Postcard sized
    Any idea what that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Dr Nic wrote: »
    It is a Temporary Payment Card. UP42 written on it. Postcard sized
    Any idea what that means?

That is the document you present at the P.O. until your actual Public Service card (like a credit card)comes through. The yellow card (UP42)has a working life of about a month to allow time for your card to be produced. Mine came through within the week, as did the letter they promised.

Good Luck:)

Sweet - thanks! So the Temp card and some id is all i need tomorrow to collect?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Sweet - thanks! So the Temp card and some id is all i need tomorrow to collect?
    Thanks!

Photo id...:D Now don't spend it all in the one shop!!

Advertisement