Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole question..

• 23-05-2011 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I am a bit confused, I have just completed college and I signed on to the dole. I received an acceptance letter last Thurs stating that I would be paid from 19th May and I am to collect my first dole payment on Tues 24th May. I am getting 100 a week but as the first three days of the claim are discounted will I get less this? Also does it mean I may get 200 or will I get less? I have also already found a job so should I wait until Wednesday to let them know or would I still be entitled to my payment tomorrow? Hoping you can help!
    Zara.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

You'll get paid for the 3 days up to the Tuesday, Sunday isn't counted, so you'll get paid 50 euro tomorrow.

Have you started the job yet, or are you still waiting? Inform them when you start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

I am starting the job next Monday 30th May.. Will I be entitled to my payment next week as I am still unemployed for this week? Had really hoped I would be paid the full amount this week.. 50euro is not enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

xxzaraxx wrote: »
    I am a bit confused, I have just completed college and I signed on to the dole. I received an acceptance letter last Thurs stating that I would be paid from 19th May and I am to collect my first dole payment on Tues 24th May. I am getting 100 a week but as the first three days of the claim are discounted will I get less this? Also does it mean I may get 200 or will I get less? I have also already found a job so should I wait until Wednesday to let them know or would I still be entitled to my payment tomorrow? Hoping you can help!
    Zara.

Well done on the new job;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Well done on the new job;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sammiie

you will be entitled to next weeks dole payment as you havent started the job. Your dole will be backdated from your date of acceptance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement