Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP

• 09-12-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

My sons house has disappeared and he's heart broken (he's 7 and its his first house.

Tried recovering on a mac with time machine but that aint working

I can get to the saves folder but is there anyway of restoring an old save or are they just over written?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Very odd. Are you sure it disappeared? Maybe he got lost or the bed was destroyed and he spawned elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

He could well have done both, he's only new to it so may have deleted the bed (I've no idea)

Anyway he can find his way back?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

It's hard to say. It depends how far he wandered from the default spawn point before building his house. Chances are it's within a few hundred meters radius of the spawn point.

You could try searching for the house. First find out what kind of biome he built his house in (was it grassy, a forest, a desert, mountains, etc). Here is link to example pictures of biomes.

Secondly you could conduct a search for his house. You need to keep track of where you are searching exactly (so you don't search the same location repeatedly or go around in circles). Press F3 to display debugging information about the game. From here you can get your X,Y,Z coordinates. Just pay attention to the X and Z. These are your location in the game world. Ignore Y, that is just your height.

Using your coordinates as a marker, systematically search an area in a 200 block radius of the default spawn. Do this by adding/subtracting 100 to/from both coordinates. For example, if the default spawn is X:50 Z:250 then you want to search everywhere between X:150 Z:350 and X:-50 Z:150.

When you're searching it may help to find some high ground or build some simple 1x1 towers around the place to get a birds eye view. Finding out what biome he was in will help a lot to eliminate searching unnecessary spots. Starving to death and dying during night time will slow you down some, but keeping track of your coordinates should help alleviate this (also try setting game difficulty to peaceful in the options screen).

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask. If you don't understand let me know and I'll make some pictures to illustrate my points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

To make it easier to search, you can change to creative mode so you can fly around the map to look for your house. No mobs or hunger to worry about then

If at the start of the game you/he clicked "enable cheats", press T, and then in the chat box put in /game mode 1. To return to survival mode, enter /game mode 0

If ye didn't enable cheats, that's ok. Press escape, and then open to LAN, and press enable cheats. Then just do the same as above.

Advertisement