Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are prisoners still identified by numbers?

• 03-02-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine found a pile of clothes in a ditch near his house and there's a tag on a Adidas top saying 158 CHARLES FAULKNER
    -PRIS. 16449

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Isn't he that escaped serial killer, better check all your windows and doors are locked op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Isn't he that escaped serial killer, better check all your windows and doors are locked op.

Just have a look at the over of the Suday World. If it's him, it'll be there.

TYhen check your windows and doors. Someone out there is an escaped serial killer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Definitely an escaped killer. The next time you hear a strange noise outside, it's best to do like they do in the movies and go outside calling, "is someone there? Helllooo, is anyone there?" Don't rush as you investigate around your house in the darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Government buying addias clothes for prisoners, rabble rabble :mad:

What's wrong with Pennys or unbranded clothes?

In fact they should sow and knit their own clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Government buying addias clothes for prisoners, rabble rabble :mad:

What's wrong with Pennys or unbranded clothes?

Very good point mikemac1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Don't know if its the same in all prisons but family can bring clothes in for prisoners in Portlaoise. Not necessarily government bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

A friend of mine found a pile of clothes in a ditch near his house and there's a tag on a Adidas top saying 158 CHARLES FAULKNER
    -PRIS. 16449

A quick 'google' search reveals Charles Faulkner to be an American snake-oil salesman currently living in England, so now we know where he's at, and what he's at, arrest that man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,320 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I heard it was larry Murphys number and he's sentimentally attached to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'd like my clothes back you thief!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Laundry number perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Clothes can be brought into prison, as far as I know for laundry purposes they have id info.

Wonder is it this guy http://www.kerryman.ie/news/two-jailed-for-contempt-during-trial-for-murder-562771.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

In all prisons the family can bring up a certain number of sets of clothing (3 I think) and the prisoners number is put on so that they don't get mixed up with another prisoner of the same name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

"right now somebody else has that number"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

What's that number 2?

I am not a number, I am a free man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Could be this guy ...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2006/0715/ireland/two-men-accused-of-contempt-after-court-violence-8462.html

But the more important issue ... who the f*ck goes rooting through random clothes found in a ditch? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Prisoner's in Ireland have NEVER been identified by numbers on clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

every prisoner is identified by name. they also have a pris number.

The same way students have student numbers.

Its just for administration reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Definitely an escaped killer. The next time you hear a strange noise outside, it's best to do like they do in the movies and go outside calling, "is someone there? Helllooo, is anyone there?" Don't rush as you investigate around your house in the darkness.
    You forgot the obligatory bring a black guy with you. They always die first thus giving the op a chance to escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

rogieop wrote: »
    every prisoner is identified by name. they also have a pris number.

The same way students have student numbers.

Its just for administration reasons.

That's right user 483605.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ken wrote: »
    You forgot the obligatory bring a black guy with you. They always die first thus giving the op a chance to escape.

Just to cover all the bases dress him in red.

• Advertisement
Advertisement