Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Train ticket to Galway

Options
  • 02-12-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Im going to Galweay the weekend and have a question about the ticket,

I know what time i will be leaving dublin so i can book the ticket for that time train but on the way home i don't know how long ill be kept because iv a few things to do but would love to get home as early as possible,

So my question is if i book the train ticket home for 1 oclock and miss it is my ticket valid for a later train ? or can i book an open time ticket for return ?

I know i could buy one at the station but its dearer .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

If you book online, you have to travel on the specified trains.

If you need to change it, they *may* charge you €10 extra at the booking office.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you book your ticket at a booking office you won't have a problem as your ticket will be an open return. If you book online and you need to change the time or date of the return leg, ask at Galway booking office to amend your booking. A supplement may be charged for this amendment so be prepared to be asked for same. Something else you you could is to just book a single leg out and then book your return leg back on the day of departure. You can do this up to 90 minute before departure and it will work out cheaper than a walk up single fare, even with the booking fee included.

You may find that in this case, booking your return ticket at a booking office may be more practical and as cheap for you as the current online fares.

Advertisement