Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a smart TV and it pulls internet UPC won't do anything

Options
  • 04-08-2015 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

The guy in the shop said to ask UPC to tell them to upgrade the amount of devices that is able to go on out internet, they won't.

I have 200mbps. Anyone else have UPC and try to play xbox? It lags every 30seconds and really bad, if you try to play CoD it puts you behind 5 seconds and then lags to the current game and you are already dead because you have no idea where you are. I tried everything and I am really about to upgrade to 245mbps and just get a new modem BC this is ridiculous.

So my question do any of you guys play Xbox, CoD, FIFA, Madden any game and have a smart tv connect at the same time, does you internet work? Its getting really annoying and happening for 3 months. We thought it was the TV at the start, but we got another TV, Different brand, still pulls it.

Help, please.

PS) Not just xbox, Computer games aswell. CS, LoL, Smite, Dota. EVERYTHING.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Get a decent wireless route, see this post and thread for more details:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367191

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Or wire the TV with homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭searbhonta

ED E wrote: »
    Or wire the TV with homeplugs.

I don't follow you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

searbhonta wrote: »
    What does this do?

It's fairly simple.

You plug in the adapter to the wall.
    You run the RJ45 from your router to to adapter.
    Plug in the paired adapter to a socket close to your console.
    Connect the RJ45 from your console to the adapter and you have a wired connection.
    There should be no lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

The guy in the shop said to ask UPC to tell them to upgrade the amount of devices that is able to go on out internet, they won't.

They won't because that's not within their control.
    Unless the TV has some kind of horizon app, which I'm not sure any do: http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/854/~/horizon-go-device-registration

The salesperson who sold you the TV has no idea how routers work.

The modem(especially when it's inside the horizon box) UPC give people has terrible wifi, hence the advice of others above me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bought a smart TV and it pulls internet UPC won't do anything
    Are there mistakes in this sentence?

Victor wrote: »
    Are there mistakes in this sentence?

What do you mean lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just ring UPC and tell them that You're having Wifi problems. UPC know that there are some issues with the Horizon box.

More than likely they'll send you out a separate modem, the UBEE Model.

I've made the phone call for myself and my parents and thats how UPC solved the issue on both occasions.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just ring UPC and tell them that You're having Wifi problems. UPC know that there are some issues with the Horizon box.

More than likely they'll send you out a separate modem, the UBEE Model.

I've made the phone call for myself and my parents and thats how UPC solved the issue on both occasions.

I tried, they said that there is noting wrong with my current box and the line is fine :/. Do I just ask them for a new box?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should be cabling the Xbox rather than using wifi, same with the smart TV.

You'd buy a pair of homeplugs for about €35.

Are the smart TV, Xbox and horizon box all in different rooms?

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yes, they are, with the homeplugs do I need ethernet cables?

colm_mcm wrote: »

And if you can, would you be able to link me to one that is good and have 3 of them?

Yes, they are, with the homeplugs do I need ethernet cables?

Cables come with the plugs

And if you can, would you be able to link me to one that is good and have 3 of them?

Most of them come in pairs or single units.

Argos and eBay would be the best place to look

Advertisement