Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two weeks late

Options
  • 19-01-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Not quite sure where this should be so Mods please feel free to move if necessary!

My period is two weeks late, last one started on the 5th of December. I'm usually regular between 28 and 32 day cycles

I have done four tests, all negative, and have made an appointment with the doctor for Friday.

I'm not against the idea of being pregnant, in a stable long term relationship etc.

Just freaking out in case it's something else- any reasons that this may happen or has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sixx

If you have lost a lot of weight recently or are very stressed out over something it can easily happen, also if you are very sporty sometimes over exercising can stop it too, make an app with the Doc tho just to be on the safe side.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Thanks for fast reply!!

Don't think this applies though- it's January and I've broken all my resolutions so no weight loss, no over exersising. Nothing out of the ordinary stress wise either.

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Try not to stress over being pregnant/not pregnant either as stress can delay a period also. Have you been under any stress lately??

No not particularly stressed really.... Have been far more stressed than this in the past! Getting a bit edgy now because I don't really know much about what could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Denhagenite this has happened to me once in my life .. I just missed a period for no reason at all. I did have a job interview round about mid cycle which I didn't think I was overly stressed about but I must have been:confused: Other than that once I've always been regular as clockwork. My gp at the time just said that sometimes the cycle can just go out of whack for no particular reason...

Sorry.. not much help, but just to let you know that it can happen.

• Advertisement

False alarm guys, Auntie Jane is back with a vengeance today!!

Thanks for replies and hope all of your pregnancies go smoothly! I'll be back within a couple of months fingers crossed...

Advertisement