Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband in Tara/Kilmessan Area of Meath?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gaz1

rob808 wrote: »
    well there ripplecom and regional broadband there both fixed wireless don't know if there any good doh they give you basic broadband.There also mobile 4G but low download cap but good if your just surfing the net.

Thank you rob808, I will check out those providers. Have you any idea of the timeline for Eircom eFibre rollout from Trim Town to Kiltale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

gaz1 wrote: »
    Thank you rob808, I will check out those providers. Have you any idea of the timeline for Eircom eFibre rollout from Trim Town to Kiltale?
    I don't think you can get DSL in Kiltale you have to wait till the NBP start in mid 2016 and finish by 2020.we should be able to get upto 30mb and 6mb up it going to tender and the two big player be bidding Eircom and siro which if they win they give us FTTH doh fixed wireless would be bidding to doh hope they get none of it or just very small part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Well I rang Regional Broadband, and they said that there was a mistake on their website and they don't provide broadband anywhere in Meath.
    Anyone here using it? The guy on the phone seemed very unsure about pretty much anything he said.

I just got a call from a friend in Kilmessan who also heard about the Eircom competition.
    She's organised a small number of people to meet in Fergies tonight at 8:30.
    We're going to head up to it, and it would be good to meet anyone else who's been following the thread in the area.
    Closing date is 15th Sept, so there'd be a lot to do in the next month.
    Many hands make light work :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Hey Niall

I was away myself. Can you let us know if there is another meeting, and if more help is needed?

Hi Colm.
    I didn't get any notifications about this thread that I noticed, so sorry not to check in for so long.
    A group of people did get together and circulated a survey, interviewed local businesses, recorded a song and made a video!

There's some details on the meetings in the Updates section of WeWantThePower.com and the final video submission and case studies will be up there next week also.

Touch base on the website or the facebook page it links to if you see this.
    The competition was extended out to next week for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

niallb wrote: »
    Hi Colm.
    I didn't get any notifications about this thread that I noticed, so sorry not to check in for so long.
    A group of people did get together and circulated a survey, interviewed local businesses, recorded a song and made a video!

There's some details on the meetings in the Updates section of WeWantThePower.com and the final video submission and case studies will be up there next week also.

Touch base on the website or the facebook page it links to if you see this.
    The competition was extended out to next week for some reason.
    kilmessan and Kiltale are getting FTTH of eir from 2017 and 2020 it on the eir NGA map were and when follow the rural fibre routes.That some nice work the page look great shame I couldn't had being part of it.

rob808 wrote: »
    kilmessan and Kiltale are getting FTTH of eir from 2017 and 2020 it on the eir NGA map were and when follow the rural fibre routes.That some nice work the page look great shame I couldn't had being part of it.

Great credit deserved to all the people involved. The competition along with the separate announcement that the Tara exchange is included in the list of 66 surely markets our area as one that will have a very high take up of fibre plans.
    2017 to 2020 - ah I'm willing to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Very impressive - well done to all.

Well, the competition just closed on Eir's website.
    We got our submission in yesterday, so we'll know in the next couple of weeks if we have a future in the 21st century :rolleyes:

You can see the video we made, and some case studies of local businesses as well as the results of our survey at wewantthepower.com

And if we don't win, that'll be where we'll focus on other ways to bring improved internet access into the area, so bookmark it if you're nearby!

• Advertisement

We got our submission in yesterday, so we'll know in the next couple of weeks if we have a future in the 21st century :rolleyes:

You can see the video we made, and some case studies of local businesses as well as the results of our survey at wewantthepower.com

And if we don't win, that'll be where we'll focus on other ways to bring improved internet access into the area, so bookmark it if you're nearby!

Well done Niall and to all involved. We have a lot going for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

That was pretty professional looking. Well done. Our own locals here put together this little ditty for the competition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Only found out about this competition now and it's over. Very impressive video there for Tara/Kilmessan, looks like alot of hard work and creativity went into it and a great job by the video editor to get the lip syncing just right to the soundtrack and video!

Gonzo wrote: »
    ...get the lip syncing just right to the soundtrack and video!
    That was Jay Quinlan - he's still muttering :D

If you find yourself over on the fibrerollout.ie site watching the entertainment,
    give the video an old like.
    Not sure if they're counting them like votes, but it can't hurt!
    :eek: We're up over 1,000 likes on it already, which is gobsmacking!

We're up to 3,500 now, but it looks like you can click Like as often as you 'like' on this page,
    so it's a bit meaningless!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kd82

Missed any updates from here for reason. Well done on getting the submission in and on the video. Hope it goes well.

Just as an update, the result of the Fiber Rollout competition was only announced last week, November 26th, due to stiff competition leading to a difficult decision.

Congratulations to Munterconnaught, County Cavan who have been named as the winners of eir’s 1 Gigabit Fibre Competition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement