Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Has anyone had any issues with the upgrade to KitKat?

No issues here. Everything still running perfectly as it was before I upgraded. I was particularly worried about video quality as there had seemed to be an issue with a lot of people experiencing green pixels through videos and when watching Netflix, etc, but so far so good here. I haven't used Google Maps so can't comment on that. And I know someone mentioned not being able to move apps to sd card, but I haven't got an sd card in it yet, so can't confirm that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

no you can't move apps to sd card... or save downloads to it either. .. very annoying
    I REALLY hope Android reverses this decision as most phones & tablets only come with a small amount of internal storage as standard...

For anyone debating over this tablet all I can say it's that is the best gadget decision I've made in a long time!
    I love it.. it really is fab... The only slight criticism I have of it is the screen sharpness, it's not bad just not quite as good at my previous samsung tab 2... other than that though the Yoga beats the Samsung hands down in every other way! Especially processor speed & sound... The sound is AMAZING for a device that small!!

go for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The price was bumped up on this prior to the drop,it was on Sale in Argos previously for 153.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

The price was bumped up on this prior to the drop,it was on Sale in Argos previously for 153.99

No it was 153.99 when this thread was first posted. That was the price it originally dropped to a few days back. Yesterday it was bumped slightly to 159.99.

Took the plunge and went and bought this just before Argos closed. Playing with it for the last hour and absolutely love it but not playing youtube videos. Anyone else had any issues? Video just hangs in the app and browser when press play.

Edit Updated to 4.4.2 which seems to have solved the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

It's a lovely gadget alright. Also have a Nexus 7 (2013). The kickstand is genius. Screen is perfectly acceptable for the price. Still on the fence regarding moving to kitkat. Will monitor the lenovo forums and decide in a few weeks. Thanks OP and everyone who gave feedback on kitkat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might be tempted to get this for my nephew for Christmas. Anyone know how it handles Minecraft? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Apart from possibly casting to a smart tv or chromecast, can this play to a TV using a wired connection to hdmi eg MHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Looking to perhaps buy this as a gift. Would you recommend? I don't know much about tablets.

lots of recommendations & reviews in this thread already. ...

• Advertisement

biebiebie wrote:
    Apart from possibly casting to a smart tv or chromecast, can this play to a TV using a wired connection to hdmi eg MHL?

yes as far as i know you can get a micro usb cable with an option to charge also that can be connected to HDMI...I've seen them on eBay & will prob get one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Anyone have any idea if tablets are cheaper over in new York? I'm heading over in a couple of weeks and looking for a 10" tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Would it be worth buying now for a Christmas gift or hanging off in case something better comes up?

Having used this now for a little over a day. I haven't got a bad thing to say and absolutely love it. I can't emphasis how much the kick stand is an amazing innovation in the design. It makes using it in the different modes a joy in how it adjusts depending on what you are using it for. I'll be using it a good bit on the go so the battery is also a massive plus. I couldn't be happier with the purchase, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Silly question. Can you get a foam sleeve for making this kid proof

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

It seems like the price is static until Christmas eve, i might grab one of these at that price for my little one and get this cover.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fintie-Lenovo-Leather-Feature-Android/dp/B00ME8D0FI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=14DJXDFECH2C8JH3AS3H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    It seems like the price is static until Christmas eve
    for clarity:
    Receive €20 worth of free Argos vouchers when you buy this Tablet, includes €10 when you spend over €100, offer ends 04/11/14. Offer ends 04 November 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iglipigle

biebiebie wrote: »

has anyone try the connection to a TV through hdmi cable? is it mhl enabled?

iglipigle wrote: »
    has anyone try the connection to a TV through hdmi cable? is it mhl enabled?

I will be getting one but haven't yet. I believe it's enabled. This is the connector.

http://docteur-gsm.com/en/lenovo-yoga-tablet-8/169595-lenovo-yoga-tablet-8-mhl-hdmi-adapter.html

• Advertisement

I will be getting one but haven't yet. I believe it's enabled. This is the connector.

actually from the research I've done I don't think it is unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I bought a cheapo MHL adapter, arrived today

It doesn't work with the Lenovo Tab, it does however work with my phone so not a total loss

That is a huge shame. Guess I'll have to pick up a Chromecast instead.

Also have an old laptop which I could setup as a media center which I've been threatening to do for ages, then setup the tablet as some kind of remote. Anyone know any good guides for doing something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I use the Yoga tablet with Chromecast and an app called AllCast. It also works with Apple TV. Works perfectly for streaming video content to my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I use the Yoga tablet with Chromecast and an app called AllCast. It also works with Apple TV. Works perfectly for streaming video content to my tv.

Another vote for Allcast with Chromecast here. Works perfectly with the Yoga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

This tablet is now down to €139.99

A €10 voucher back as well....

Still looking towards the Hudl 2, but can anyone who has this comment on whether a case can be put on to protect it from a young child?
    The little stand makes it looks like a case would be a problem.

Plenty of different types of cases if you search amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

See that its back down I posted on a different Yoga thread.

Have 2 Samsung galaxy tab 2 tablets that are in need of replacing how does the yoga compare to the Galaxy tab 3/4? They are for older kids so minecraft etc on them. Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Steal at that price, steal

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Deal of the year at that price!

Advertisement