Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coal / solid state fuel bargains

• 28-09-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Nights getting colder again, time to stock up on fuel. I mainly use a stove to heat my house, so coal and wood is what i mainly use.

Dairygold (Mallow / Lombardstown) are doing by 4 bags get 1 free of 40 kg polish coal, €17.75 a bag , so €71 for 5 bags. I have not bought it yet so cannot comment on the quality of the coal, but any coal i bought off them last year was fine.

If the price was right and not too far I would travel for a ton , so any other deals welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Mallow / Lombardstown / Cork?

Where are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is Solid State Fuel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Really cheap hard-drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I highly recommend this place for anyone near the border. http://www.cappertrading.com/pages/viewdetails.asp?ID=4&Item=42

The turf isn't as good as the Mullingar stuff but coal and block prices are unbeatable. I think they also sell that smokeless coal for anyone in Dublin who can't have a coal fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

mathie wrote: »
    Mallow / Lombardstown / Cork?

Where are they?

from lombardstown ,but he said the deal should be for all dairygold shops who sell coal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

I love my heating system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Need to check with Grange Builders in Baldoyle.

Last winter they were doing 10 bales of BNM briquettes for €29.

Web site not connecting for some reason. Will swing by over the weekend and check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

2smiggy wrote: »
    Dairygold (Mallow / Lombardstown) are doing by 4 bags get 1 free of 40 kg polish coal, €17.75 a bag , so €71 for 5 bags. I have not bought it yet so cannot comment on the quality of the coal, but any coal i bought off them last year was fine.

more details here...

http://www.coopsuperstores.ie/files/Latest_Brochures/Autumn_Sale_12_Page_2012.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Burtons hardware kanturk €13.50 for a bag of polish coal, brilliant coal and they deliver at a good price, just got 10bags and delivery tp mallow for €150.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dfbemt wrote: »
    Need to check with Grange Builders in Baldoyle.

Last winter they were doing 10 bales of BNM briquettes for €29.

Web site not connecting for some reason. Will swing by over the weekend and check.

3 euro 50 cents a bale.;)

They are just finnishing off extending and rennovating the place (new stove centre and hardware area upstairs on the 1st floor).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a place i use, just outside Trim on the Dublin Road, 14Euro for a 40kg bag of Polish Coal. They do have some cheaper stuff at 10.50/40kg but i stick wit the polish stuff

184 bales of briquettes for 400 euro will do me nicely for a few winters.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

2smiggy wrote: »
    Nights getting colder again, time to stock up on fuel. I mainly use a stove to heat my house, so coal and wood is what i mainly use.

If the price was right and not too far I would travel for a ton , so any other deals welcomed

Anything near Tipperary/Kilkenny/Laois ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

paddy147 wrote: »

Did you get more this year or are you still bragging about last years ones ? :D

If this year, please share where :)

Did you get more this year or are you still bragging about last years ones ? :D

If this year, please share where :)

My mates fathers friend runs a haulage/freight and importation company,and he gets in interesting diy and homebuilding/energy effiecency products from the UK,Canada and Europe every few months.

My mates father allways lets me know of anything thats comming in,that may be of interest to me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

My mates fathers friend runs a haulage/freight and importation company,and he gets in interesting diy and homebuilding/energy effiecency products from the UK,Canada and Europe every few months.

My mates father allways lets me know of anything thats comming in,that may be of interest to me.:)

Any Fuel due soon ;)

Forgot to ask, how do those eastern european briquettes burn compared to BNM ones ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Any fuel bargains around longford area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Anyone know of any deals around edenderry? The family used to use turf but since that's gone belly up they're going to struggle with paying for heating

Any Fuel due soon ;)

Forgot to ask, how do those eastern european briquettes burn compared to BNM ones ?

Probably,dont know what he has comming in each week,as I dont really know the man that well.

Its my mates father who lets me know,as hes into the diy and energy effiecency stuff,like myself.:)

They burn lovely for me,I set the stove and the airwash system to around half way and they burn lovely and give off great heat.

I also burn logs with the briquettes from 2 rather large felled trees that I was given for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

And there was me thinking they were vouchers in those jpegs!!

Denied!

• Advertisement

Pique wrote: »
    And there was me thinking they were vouchers in those jpegs!!

Denied!

Ah well,better luck next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

deckycoop wrote: »
    Any fuel bargains around longford area

Connacht Gold buy 10 40kg doubles get one free works out at something like 13.60 a bag that way, they give you a loyalty card and punch it when you get each bag so you don't need to buy 10 in one go. Also 3 BNM briquettes for 10 euro.

[edit]actually may be cheaper than that I'm always getting other stuff at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

moodrater wrote: »
    Connacht Gold buy 10 40kg doubles get one free works out at something like 13.60 a bag that way, they give you a loyalty card and punch it when you get each bag so you don't need to buy 10 in one go. Also 3 BNM briquettes for 10 euro.

Not sure if i'm correct but i think they had a 3 pack of them in Supervalu today for 6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OutOnHighway61

Petrol station in Inishannon, Co Cork - 15 euros for 40kg Polish coal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

3 euro 50 cents a bale.;)

They are just finnishing off extending and rennovating the place (new stove centre and hardware area upstairs on the 1st floor).

How much for 10? They usually knock a few euro off.

scudzilla wrote: »
    moodrater wrote: »

Not sure if i'm correct but i think they had a 3 pack of them in Supervalu today for 6.50
    Feck I couldn't get them that price at the factory by the pallet did they have many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Polish coal can be got in Ballina & Castlebar for €11.00 per bag. Co-incedentely its Sean & Seanie Poland that are selling it.:)

dfbemt wrote: »
    How much for 10? They usually knock a few euro off.

Havent a clue to be honest with you.

I just happened to see them for sale there last week,when myself and my missus were in having a browze around the new store.:)

PS-Woodies want 4 euro 50 cents a bale,the amount of auld people thinking thats a great deal ...it pitty them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cash & Carry outlet beside Aldi in Tullamore: 5 20kg bags of coal for €25-works out at €10 per 40kg,bales of briquettes 3 for €10,it's open to the public.Didn't get a chance to go in,just saw the sign at the door.

Local coal supplier (Rowsome Fuels) here in Enniscorthy has coal for €11 per 40kg bag delivered.

• Advertisement

Polish coal can be got in Ballina & Castlebar for €11.00 per bag. Co-incedentely its Sean & Seanie Poland that are selling it.:)
    What size are the coals?

Advertisement