Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nose piercing. Healing time.

• 18-11-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I got my nose pierced with a teeny stud two weeks ago and it's just not healing.
    I'm doing everything as per instructions but it's like as if my body is rejecting it?!
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Go back to the piercer I'd say! My nose piercing kept getting infected too. I never had any luck with piercing unfortunately..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mine was the same and I put a dab of TCP on mine and it was sorted within a few days.

I've heard this isn't the best solution but it worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Your nose is the fastest healing part of the body so if it's still not right after 2 weeks I would say revisit your piercer.

Pronto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Your nose is the fastest healing part of the body so if it's still not right after 2 weeks I would say revisit your piercer.

Pronto!

Mine was infected for a lot longer than that and took about 3 months to be fully healed.

My lip took the longest to heal with the nose coming in close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I'd say my nose took almost a full year to heal properly!! it appeared to be healed 8n that time but would get infected again... to be honest i almost gave up a few times & had to get it repierced after around 3 or 3 weeks as the piercing fell out & i couldn't get it back in! !
    it certainly was jot not anyway near healed within the first month or two & the infection got pretty bad at times!
    i used tcp a few times during the day when it was bad...!
    having reread all I've just typed i don't know why i went through all that!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

sorry for stupid phone typos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If it is not healing, but is not infected (red, swollen, hot, maybe pus) then you might be having an issue with the metal used in the stud itself. Some people are more sensitive to certain metals/metal plating so it would be a good idea to find out what kind of metal it is and see if changing stud settles down the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Thanks guys. It has calmed down in the last few days with copious amounts of TCP and salt water on cotton wool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you might be allergic to metal,take it out at night and clean with alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Don't take it out at all and stop using TCP. You need to clean it twice daily using a homemade saline solution. Was it done with a needle? If it was done with a gun, you might have damaged the cartilage as guns shouldn't be used. Go to the piercing forum, you'll get some good advice there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement