Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is an expenisve hair dryer/professional dryer worth the money?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've asked my BF for a hairdryer for Christmas, but he wouldn't have a clue what to get so he's asked me to tell him what one to get. I currently have a Remington Spin Curl (used without the spin curl bit) that I got for my 21st 5 (:eek::eek:) years ago, it's 1800W and I've really, really thick hair so it takes a serious amount of time to dry and I never quite get it dried fully before I give up.

I've (maybe) narrowed it down to two, if anyone would know if either of these are any good that'd be super... otherwise I'm now eyeing up that Peter Marks one :P

a) Tresemme Keratin Smooth 2200W and b)Remington Silk 2200W

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Has anyone tried the Diva line of dryers?? They are on sale in salon services and looking for a good one for my crazy thick hair!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I got a Peter Marks hairdryer for Christmas and all I can say is wow!
    There's not a chance I could go back to cheaper models again. My hair would be past boob length and used to take so much time to dry, but genuinely this would have it bone dry in no time, and you can feel its not nearly as hot as other dryers.

My favourite gift by far <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Is there a difference between a cheap version of a 2000W hairdryer and a more expensive one? I am wondering if it's all about wattage or is there something else to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Pythia wrote: »
    Is there a difference between a cheap version of a 2000W hairdryer and a more expensive one? I am wondering if it's all about wattage or is there something else to it.

High wattage is a good indicator, but it's by no means the only factor to go by. Likewise price can be a good indicator, but it's also not a guarantee of quality. If the internal components are made of cheap materials and are put together badly then high wattage isn't going to save it, but it won't necessarily stop them charging an arm and a leg for it.

The best thing to do if you find a cheap one with high wattage is to look up user reviews online, outside of that there is no way of knowing if it's going to be any good without buying it.

Advertisement