Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Michael O leary taxi for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

20k??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Mc Love wrote: »
    20k??

Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Sorry Michael, I reckon you'll be lucky to get 14k. No one wants these gas guzzling tanks with a 1566 tax p/a if used privately or if used as a taxi 170k miles....most lads are looking at a Carina with this budget and are not prepared to watch mounting maint bills keeping this bus road worthy. A large no thanks even at 14k from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

A 5.5 Litre petrol :eek:

I'd say Micko used to have it driven out on the ramp when they were refueling the 737s and i bet it took as long to fill and used as much juice as the jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Is there a Test Drive charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hard to know what its worth. Has not got much of a market for sure.
    Savman wrote: »
    Is there a Test Drive charge?

Bring your own petrol or f*ck off Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

What an awesome car. If I had a spare 20k I'd go for it without a second thought.

pajo1981 wrote: »
    What an awesome car. If I had a spare 20k I'd go for it without a second thought.

The initial €20k outlay isn't the problem - its keeping that animal of a yoke on the road.

mickdw wrote: »
    Im very surprised that this has all those miles clocked up but I guess knowing Michael O Leary, once he had it set up as a taxi, he made sure he got his moneys worth

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201136204282299

Mulingar to Dublin Airport - 54miles x 2 = 108miles per day
    Say 200 days per year = 21,600miles x 4 years = 86,400miles

Ad says 170,877 miles - that leaves a deficit of 84,477 miles

Must be the mileage going to all those race tracks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Mileage, just shows how much travelling the captains of industry do in four years. One back seat (LHS) has got most of the wear and tear. I pity the chauffeur having to listen to him for most of those miles.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

scholar007 wrote: »

I'm sure he had it rented out the weekends! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

The passenger side rear seat looks a bit worn, so no doubt it's done actual taxi/chauffeur work in the past.

I'd say this wouldn't be a bad buy for somebody who does mostly motorway driving and earns enough to pay the 1500+ road tax every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

aside from the price id have that , lovely engine and an excellent spec, >5 litre petrol cars are exactley what every taxi man should aspire to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

A new one is 167285 Euro, so its not a bad deal at 20k for a 5 year old car. I reakon it will sell for around that rather quick. The 1500 is irrelevent to someone who wants a car of that caliber and frankly the extra 1000 running cost of greater tax over a more modest car is only a small part of the future running costs.

lomb wrote: »
    A new one is 167285 Euro, so its not a bad deal at 20k for a 5 year old car. I reakon it will sell for around that rather quick. The 1500 is irrelevent to someone who wants a car of that caliber and frankly the extra 1000 running cost of greater tax over a more modest car is only a small part of the future running costs.

€1500 + €1000 in the current climate is a lot of moolah! I wonder is Roddy going to change the audi soon or maybe Seanie would be in the market for a motor? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

€1500 + €1000 in the current climate is a lot of moolah! I wonder is Roddy going to change the audi soon or maybe Seanie would be in the market for a motor? ;)

Meant that the 1500 road tax is only 1000 more than say 500 odd on a 1.8 motor, so not alot really when your looking at a 167 grand motor that isnt even that old.
    Sure Seanie wouldnt touch a used car, he would want Stuttgarts newest machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

LOL, I have a budget of €20K for a car at the moment, tempting..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ensti wrote: »
    LOL, I have a budget of €20K for a car at the moment, tempting..... :D

Have you given up on that fabulous C6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

166man wrote: »
    Have you given up on that fabulous C6?

I posted a thread about an hour ago. All the cars I'm interested in...some brand new ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

It's probably 54 x4 = 216 miles per day = 172,800 miles because the driver probably goes home after dropping him off to work.

The car must be in greet nick if it was doing Dublin to Mullingar on the M4/m50 for most of its life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement