Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaring a vehicle has been scrapped?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I was in an accident in March and I had a bike written off. I got sorted with their insurance very quickly and I was allowed to keep the bike. They were allowing a tiny sum as a scrap allowance and I knew I'd make more by ringing around a few breakers myself so that's what I did.

As it happened, my bike was collected by the breaker from the bike shop where the bike went for an estimate when I wasn't there. They took the bike and I know for a fact it's been broken.

I rang the breaker after they'd took it and asked them about the VRC. They said you just tick the box saying it's been scrapped and send it back to Shannon. I can't find any such option on the VRC and I don't know what to do with it now. I don't want to make trouble for the breaker. He's a guy you want to stay in good standing with and he probably just doesn't know himself. He'd probably just throw the VRC in the bin knowing the bike's been scrapped.

Can I declare it as scrapped somehow myself?

Advertisement