Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drive a Ferrari for €129

Options
  • 09-09-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 64,900 ✭✭✭✭

15 minute briefing and then you can drive a 348 for 45 minutes in the Dublin area. Pretty good value if you ask me...

Linky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Don't think I'd pay that, not for a 348 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

SV wrote: »
    Don't think I'd pay that, not for a 348 anyway.

OT - were you near the Topaz in Carlow around lunchtime yesterday? Cars looking well if it was you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Id give him 50 quid for a spin in it, it's an old skool Ferrari hardly anything modern. It's not worth 129 for 45 minute spin in it. Sounds like an arm chancer to me. Sorry I know it's a Ferrari but not that one anyways!

If it was a Testarossa I would not moan about it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭fitzgese

Would be much more interested in something like this if you could take it on track :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

any idea what the dress code is about?

'Participants should wear trousers, long sleeved shirt and slim flat-soled shoes'

bad previous experiences with trouser-less participants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Come with a tank of fuel ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Wossack wrote: »

'Participants should wear trousers, long sleeved shirt and slim flat-soled shoes'

Probably doesn't want sweaty legs from shorts touching his leather seats!
    Shoes are for the narrow pedals.

Wossack wrote: »

Well it's his car I suppose, if he is using the dress code as an excuse to filter out w@nkers then so be it. I'd be selective about who I let drive my Ferrai also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

"Supercars are so called because of their many gadgets" What sort of shoite is that? (from the link)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Its cheaper than in Maranello.

There it costs you €60 for 15 minutes in a 430 and €100 for 15 minutes in a 458 so it aint that expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

E39MSport wrote: »
    "Supercars are so called because of their many gadgets" What sort of shoite is that? (from the link)

It's the bovine variety.

For €130 to drive the car it's not that bad. You'd pay a he'll of a lot more for one of the modern ones. I know they'd be more interesting but you're not going to be able to really drive it on a public road anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why a long sleeved shirt? Why not a polo shirt? I wear long sleeved shirt to work with a tie. I don't own casual ones. I'm not buying a shirt as well.

"I'm out". :D

See the link to his actual page. He refers to the dreams of driving a Ferrari in DUBLIN. Frankly most people would dream of 45 minutes in the Ferrari around Ladies view in Killarney or on the Galway to Clifden road but NOT around the traffic clogged roads of Dublin.

Come on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If you get a chance to go down the N11 at 3 in the morning I'll pay for that
    :D

BX 19 wrote: »
    If you get a chance to go down the N11 at 3 in the morning I'll pay for that
    :D

I'm assuming though this lad is going to be sitting next to the client which is no fun. All that briefing sh!te is bound to be full of restrictions like sticking to the speed limit etc:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Land for your drive wearing nothing but boxers with these glasses on http://game1.pogo.com/applet/images/jigsaw/cases/case30/story30c.jpg

Also have a steering wheel handcuffed to your wrist. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

unkel wrote: »
    15 minute briefing and then you can drive a 348 for 45 minutes in the Dublin area. Pretty good value if you ask me...

Linky

Sounds like shíte value to me. As already said, you'd probably end up stuck in traffic for the 45 minutes, so the only thing you'll get is depressed watching how fast the petrol gauge moves.

And considering in the UK, Germany, France and Spain that Hertz are renting out Lotus Evora for ~€250 a day, €130 for 45 minutes in an old (probably uncomfortable) ferrari seems balls.

Advertisement