Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Fight Night 19/04

Options
  • 19-04-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the boxing tonight. John Murray vs Anthony Crolla is probably the top contest & I expect Murray to get the KO win. Scott Quigg defending his world title. Not sure what the undercard is like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Comfortable KO win for Callum Smith. Not sure of the quality of opponent but he gave it a shot.

Josh Warrington was too good for Rendall Munroe. Munroe retired on his stool. Munroe is a great guy with a great story. He has just announced his retirement, tear jerker :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Any chance of a Quigg loss here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm interested in Munyai here. There was a stage when he was highly rated back at bantam. He was formidable down there but seem to drop off the radar for a while. Short notice might come against him.

Oh well, punch resistance didn't look the best. Still, good performance from Quigg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Scott Quigg is not for me....giving lads a weeks notice. Let him fight Kiko...we'll see what he's made off then at least.

Frampton has beaten a higher caliber of fighter imo

World champ me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Good performance alright, some very powerful and accurate shots there.

Joe Gallagher loves a camera.

Farcical really, a "world champion" without having actually fought anyone.

Very little wrong with that from Quigg...... bring on Rigondeaux ;)

• Advertisement

Did Gallagher say Quigg beat Salinas?

Can't wait for Murray vs Crolla now. What do people think?

pac_man wrote: »
    Murray is a one dimensional fighter. Don't know if Crolla can execute a gameplan of staying away from a tear up for 12 rounds,if he can then I fancy Crolla.

They're good points, but I'm not sure Crolla has the strength to hold off Murray. Reckon it will be a good fight, but I expect Murray to win.

Real good mix of styles here. Murray relentlessly pursuing but walking into a lot of jabs. Once in close Murray much stronger though.

Murray taking over now. He's found the range for his right over Crolla's jab and that's real bad news.

Cracking battle but has the look of only one outcome at this point

Great entertainment so far think its gona be a question of who tires out first

First round I definitely gave to Crolla (rd. 5) having had a poor 4th. Murray is either feeling the pace or just took a breather. His eye could worsen too as the fight goes on. Intriguing.

Fair play to Crolla in the last 2 rounds. I have it 4-2 Crolla at the moment

Crolla looking much fresher now. Murray looks tired.

• Advertisement

I have Crolla well on top at this point. I didn't think he could handle Murray's power but he has been superb

Great round of fighting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Crolla on front foot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RSC surely

Fair play to Crolla, he took the early pressure and came back superbly.

That was top class from Crolla

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Fair play to Crolla ,took the early pressure and then went about his work.Backed him for KO win after the 6 round.11/1 was a huge price

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murray as usual steam rolls for 4-5 rds and then slows down considerably. Fair play to Crolla for weathering the storm. Murray's not that heavy handed. Crolla is feather fisted. I couldn't see Murray losing after 3 rds. I thought Crolla was not near strong enough. Very good fight. Text book/neat and action packed.

pac_man wrote: »
    That was a good performance from Crolla last night. I think the sky pundits are pushing it a bit saying he should be fighting at world level. I wouldn't mind Stephen Ormond having a go at him.

Anyone see Porter last night?It looked like a middleweight fighting a light welter.Stylistically, I think he's all wrong for Brook but he's definitely no world beater.

Saw Porter all right and have to say he was impressive. Nobody has ever done that to Paulie before. It got me thinking with his physical strength and ability to use his muscle inside while throwing hard punches, could he be the right style to give Mayweather a decent test? It's one where Floyd would really have to use his feet for the 12 rounds, as he couldn't afford to let Porter inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

megadodge wrote: »
    Saw Porter all right and have to say he was impressive. Nobody has ever done that to Paulie before. It got me thinking with his physical strength and ability to use his muscle inside while throwing hard punches, could he be the right style to give Mayweather a decent test? It's one where Floyd would really have to use his feet for the 12 rounds, as he couldn't afford to let Porter inside.

Good jab, good feet, closes the distance well, very sneaky and strong leaping left hook. I think he looks like a promising opponent for Mayweather, more interesting than Maidana for sure. Porter vs Thurman with the winner to get Floyd next year?

Advertisement