Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Beatles Album and Why?

Options
  • 17-04-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

What's your favourite Beatles album and why? Personally, I find it very difficult to choose just one, but if I had to pick I'd probably vote for Pepper simply because it was such a revolutionary, all-round fantastic record. In saying that, I'd also view Revolver, The White Album, Magical Mystery Tour, Rubber Soul, and Abbey Road on a fairly similar level. I think the diverse nature of their musical progression makes it very hard to choose just one because it's so hard to compare their '66-'69 stuff with their earlier material. Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts and opinions. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I'd toss a coin between A Hard Day's Night and Rubber Soul - they are light, breezy albums, full of energy and the band are really tight on them. They also sound very alive, with lots of acoustic guitars and great harmonies, not to mention killer songs, many that were never singles (I don't think any song on rubber soul was released as a single), but other bands would have killed for. I particularly love Paul's bass playing on rubber soul too. John's voice was at it's peak in this period and it just all sounded great (even George had a couple of great songs on rubber soul). For me it all started to go downhill with Revolver - the beatles stopped sounding alive and energetic, there was too much reliance on the studio to make them sound good; it's like they wanted to record important music and assert themselves individually, rather than revelling in being a great band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Id go white album. First side is a masterpiece. Everything perfectly in place for me.
    When mother superior jumped the gun part and rocky racoon only to find gigeons bible part hit its the whole of the build up that create that feeling. That part of an album that envokes a feeling. If you want singles you can listen to the radio but if you want an album to take you on a journey its disc 1 white album full volume while you do the dishes and rockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rock fan

Relover no doubt about it Revolver has every thing up beat pop (ish) = and your bird can sing / rock wig out = tax man / totally under rated = song for no one / soul = got to get you into my life / groove funk = Dr Robert / and the total master piece = tomorrow never knows perhaps the greatest song ever constructed by the fab four or indeed any one else you could say the start of all great open minded musical infulances still being felt today in rock / dance music every one from white stripes to chemical brothers just epic ( thats not to say that all beatles albums are exceptional !!!)

Advertisement