Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement GPU

Options
  • 02-02-2015 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have an Apple Macbook Pro a1286 which has the graphics problems and the nvidia 330m needs to be replaced. I have seen a few places in the UK which offer replacement services but havent heard of any in Ireland. Can anyone point me towards a reputable company which repairs them or any other options

Many thanks
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Depending on where you are, there's apple authorized repair centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Depending on where you are, there's apple authorized repair centres.

Thanks for the fast reply challengemaster, I am based in dublin, but ive contacted Compu B and the price they were looking for was ridiculous, they wanted 679 for the repair... Id be willing to conceit the reputable part for a more cost effective repair

cheers
    dpjmie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Moved to laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You may still be covered under consumer law depending on the age of the macbook.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/
    Under Irish consumer law, consumers are entitled to a free of charge repair or replacement, discount or refund by the seller, of defective goods or goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. These rights expire six years from delivery of the goods.

You may still be covered under consumer law depending on the age of the macbook.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

I really appreciate you finding that page, unfortunately, it was purchased in the US by a friend who has lost the receipt and unfortunately, CompuB already tried to get it repaired under the warranty, and they said they were told to take a hike basically... which i can understand as i don't have a receipt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You could buy a logic board and find someone to install it for you.

They're on eBay for around $300.

Cheers again for the replies people, I have found a company in the uk who will replace the GPU and give a 1 year warranty for 260 which is a decent enough price and quite possibly the best price I'm gonna find

Cheers again
    Dpjmie

Advertisement