Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amsterdam 6 Day

• 23-10-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

The Madison is on Eurosport at the moment....

I've one question about it................. What the hell is going on? it looks like bedlam :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

My knowledge of track cycling starts and ends with: They go around in a circle and round and round and round.

Though had to laugh at these 2 tweets last night

Cillian Kelly @irishpeloton · 17h 17 hours ago
    Is it a kiddie size track or something? What's going on? It's making me dizzy and I still dont know what's going on. @friebos? Any pointers?

Cillian Kelly @irishpeloton · 17h 17 hours ago
    Tried to watch the 6-day on Eurosport. Cameras are very disorientating. Didn't know what was going on. Serves me right for watching track.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

Think your dizzy watching it on TV, try standing track centre at 1am on a Saturday night in Ghent getting drunk watching it.
    Ghent has the shortest track at just 166metres. It claimed Martyn's Irvine in a crash in the very first night last year.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The Madison is the most difficult track race to understand as you take part in two-man teams. Basically it's a bit like a relay race with each rider alternating to be "active". The swaps though are very "interesting" as the rider taking over is basically given a sling shot by the one taking a break. The inactive rider then circles towards the top of the track until it's his turn again

Ghent should be interesting this year if Cav gets his way and is allowed to ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Beasty wrote: »
    The Madison is the most difficult track race to understand as you take part in two-man teams. Basically it's a bit like a relay race with each rider alternating to be "active". The swaps though are very "interesting" as the rider taking over is basically given a sling shot by the one taking a break. The inactive rider then circles towards the top of the track until it's his turn again

Ghent should be interesting this year if Cav gets his way and is allowed to ride

I realise Cav has won multiple Madison titles, but he's been out of the scene awhile and I think he'll lag behind the more prominent 6 Dayers. He's started to lose it on road, slightly, slightly. Is Terpstra going to take part.

Also, it was said above that Ghent was the shortest track? I'm presuming this is meant in relation to six day events? Plenty shorter than that.

Madison Sprints are great. Trained doing Madison on Sundrive, terrifying at first but you get the "hang" of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I realise Cav has won multiple Madison titles, but he's been out of the scene awhile and I think he'll lag behind the more prominent 6 Dayers. He's started to lose it on road, slightly, slightly. Is Terpstra going to take part.

Also, it was said above that Ghent was the shortest track? I'm presuming this is meant in relation to six day events? Plenty shorter than that.

Madison Sprints are great. Trained doing Madison on Sundrive, terrifying at first but you get the "hang" of it.

Cavendish is racing with Iljo Keisse who has won Gent 6 5 times.

Great to see the Amsterdam races on the telly.

• Advertisement

nak wrote: »
    Cavendish is racing with Iljo Keisse who has won Gent 6 5 times.

Great to see the Amsterdam races on the telly.

Can I ask where you guys get your info from, I don't really follow the road stuff after the Spring Classics. Is it all on cyclingnews?

All last year's Six day events were on YouTube live too.

Any more news on the injured derny rider btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Can I ask where you guys get your info from, I don't really follow the road stuff after the Spring Classics. Is it all on cyclingnews?

All last year's Six day events were on YouTube live too.

Any more news on the injured derny rider btw?

Twitter for me - Cavendish info was on his Twitter and OPQS.

Eurosport commentators said the derny rider was critical but stable, his grandson is still leading with Terpstra. Must have been awful for him.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can I ask where you guys get your info from
    Well I was having a natter with Rob Hayles and Chris Newton not too long ago .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that hasn't a clue what's going on...

Great entertainment tonight - worth catching the highlights if you missed it, particularly the last 200 lap madison where a certain amount of confusion reigned with the commentators

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Great entertainment tonight - worth catching the highlights if you missed it, particularly the last 200 lap madison where a certain amount of confusion reigned with the commentators

No Eurosport for me. Pity. I enjoyed this previous years. No proper internet either so can't check if YouTube has it.

Advertisement