Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Be sweet if he was watching and had a hope of getting Kroos too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I watched a review of Dortmund's season in the Bundesliga this morning, and I already was really in favour of us signing Kagawa, but now...

WANT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fergie watching the German cup final :)

Just came on to post that. Beautiful news. Really shows his intent if he's over there the night before such a huge game.

Imagine if he missed his flight cause he went for a few quiet ones after the match :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I watched a review of Dortmund's season in the Bundesliga this morning, and I already was really in favour of us signing Kagawa, but now...

WANT!

Can I ask for a link? Is so Ill have a link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

a02e5fe5.jpg

Watch the Sunday papers go mad now

The editors will be going crazy. All their deadlines will be messed up now. I'd love if some paper had a story about United having no interest at all in Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fergie no doubt looking at either a winger or a centre back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone regularly watch Dormund? What kind of player is he? Where would he fit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

If I was Fergie I'd be at that game too, wait til after the deadlines for all the morning tabloids, and then hold a press conference announcing the signing of Hazard.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Seriously hoping City have the caterers Spurs used in 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im resigned to seeing City have league won by half time im afraid.

But Sparky on the back of my Jersey awaits if we do somehow manage a miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Micky Phelan looks like he's in a Laurel & Hardy movie in that photo, "tactics,eh don't ask me boss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fergie looks ready to deck Phelan with the clenched right fist

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fergie looks ready to deck Phelan with the clenched right fist

That would not be bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kagawa set up a goal there with a lovely ball.

Can I ask for a link? Is so Ill have a link please

Wasn't online it was on ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Goal and an assist in the first half for Kagawa. Nice pass to set up the goal.. tends to stop when he losses possession, though Fergie will sort that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

ESPN are showing delayed coverage at 11pm fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good to see Kagawa having great game when Fergie is watching. Goal and an assist and his link up play is very good. Impressed with his short passing and making himself available for ball. Only problem would be how do we fit him in our team as his best position is where Rooney plays.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Good to see Kagawa having great game when Fergie is watching. Goal and an assist and his link up play is very good. Impressed with his short passing and making himself available for ball. Only problem would be how do we fit him in our team as his best position is where Rooney plays.

Move Rooney up to his best position...

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone regularly watch Dormund? What kind of player is he? Where would he fit in?

I dont watch all games but I watch most of the games. His best position is behind striker and playing him deeper would be useless as in the final third is where he is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The blue away strip from 2002/2003 was one of my favorites...

manu02ts_z.jpg

ManchesterUnitedKitPhoto1212-20021.png

Move Rooney up to his best position...

Rooney's best position is where he played this season and last season, not where he played in 09/10. He is superb #10.

In 09/10 he scored many goals but many games and most of the games he was isolated.

Lovely jersey, forgot that one.

Plain is best most the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I dont watch all games but I watch most of the games. His best position is behind striker and playing him deeper would be useless as in the final third is where he is class.

Pity that, as that will prob means less game time for Welbeck who I'm a massive fan of. Still if he's as good as people are making out and he's relatively cheap u can never have enough quality players

• Advertisement

Rooney's best position is where he played this season and last season, not where he played in 09/10. He is superb #10.

In 09/10 he scored many goals but many games and most of the games he was isolated.

Rooney played so well up front on his own, imagine him with someone who can unlock defences like Kagawa playing behind him?

I really don't want to see Hernandez or Welbeck demoted though. If Kagawa can adapt his came to play in a two man midfield then I'll be over the moon.

Blatter wrote: »
    The blue away strip from 2002/2003 was one of my favorites...

manu02ts_z.jpg

ManchesterUnitedKitPhoto1212-20021.png

God how much I miss RVN even though we won so many trophies after he left. What a striker.

Probably its good to stop posting old jerseys :(

Rooney played so well up front on his own, imagine him with someone who can unlock defences like Kagawa playing behind him?

I really don't want to see Hernandez or Welbeck demoted though. If Kagawa can adapt his came to play in a two man midfield then I'll be over the moon.

He played well but he was not as effective. He was scoring regularly but his influence on the games was very less and Rooney's best position is behind striker. Like how he played second half of last season behind Hernandez.

And re Kagawa, forget about midfield 2. He is not a CM. He is an attacking midfielder. Asking him to play in midfield 2 is like asking Kaka to play in midfield 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I dunno how much Kagawa does running forward. If fou could get a false9/false 10 relationship going between Rooney and Kagawa it could work very nicely.

Does anyone think we have to change our tactics? I mean with 2 midfielders we will get overrun/outnumbered by most of the teams as they play 3 in the middle.

Tactic to fit attacking midfielders like continental teams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If you have a better link man between midfield and attack that can be rectified.

I tend to agree though that Rooney is at his best when playing in the "hole"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Fergie at the german Cup final today, Dortmund v Bayern. Kagawa with a great assist for a goal, and scored via a defensive error after 3 mins.

kryogen wrote: »
    If you have a better link man between midfield and attack that can be rectified.

I tend to agree though that Rooney is at his best when playing in the "hole"

Exactly what I said in my last post, that we need a tactic to fit attacking midfielder like continental style. Like how Kaka played at Milan, Ozil at Madrid, even Silva at City.

G.K. wrote: »
    I dunno how much Kagawa does running forward. If fou could get a false9/false 10 relationship going between Rooney and Kagawa it could work very nicely.

The worry here is that we have two potential monsters in Welbeck and Hernandez. I'd like to see how they end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

a02e5fe5.jpg

ItsOnNowChapsL.jpg

Dortmund are running riot here. Fergie better get Lewandowski as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Kagawa central to the move that makes it 4-1.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I agree, I think both, especially Welbeck, are destined for greatness.

The alternative would be explore what could be gained from selling Rooney.

That run from Kagawa was great. Dragged the defender away from Lewandowski and allowed him more time.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll bet any amount to that failing.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    I'll bet any amount to that failing.

I haven't watched him, I'm just hoping beyond hope.

G.K. wrote: »
    I agree, I think both, especially Welbeck, are destined for greatness.

The alternative would be explore what could be gained from selling Rooney.

Rooney is probably my favourite footballer when he is on form. Not just Manchester United player, but footballer in general. For that reason, I won't even consider the idea of him being sold.

He has been the linchpin in so many games this season, even when off form. He worries other teams and creates space for others. No way would I sell him unless I was guaranteed Messi or Ronaldo to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Exactly what I said in my last post, that we need a tactic to fit attacking midfielder like continental style. Like how Kaka played at Milan, Ozil at Madrid, even Silva at City.

IMO Rooney is as good defensively in the hole as any of those players. I don't think replacing Rooney in that position will make us any more solid. What will make us more solid is improving our deeper midfielders.
    The worry here is that we have two potential monsters in Welbeck and Hernandez. I'd like to see how they end up.

There are plenty of games in a season, I wouldn't worry about them too much tbh.

Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez
    Kagawa/Nani/Young
    Rooney/Kagawa
    Valencia/Nani/Kagawa

Don't know how comfortable Kagawa is starting out wide though. He's very skillful, quick and does drift out wide from the centre, so I think he would probably be okay. He's still young enough to improve defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Don't know have any of ye read this but it made me laugh.
    Doesn't deserve its own thread IMO, but I wonder if any of ye agree with this "journalist".

I love the line at the end:
    "Tim Long is a sports broadcaster and writer who has passed the basic referee course."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9259700/Revealed-the-decisions-that-cost-Manchester-United-the-title-and-handed-the-Premier-League-to-City.html

He may have passed a referee course but he just failed the reality test.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dortmund have an average home attendance of 80,000 people per game!!?! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wow Ribery with a ****ing awesome goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Read a post on RedCafe that made me lol:
    "Phelan has his trousers on,this is serious"
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ha typical. I tune in just as Kagawa is being subbed. :pac:

**** sake lads, the game isn't live but ESPN have extended highlights at 11pm which I was going to watch. REALLY did not expect spoilers, and then such detailed spoilers of the German Cup Final in the Manchester United thread.

• Advertisement

I've seen some Mike Phelan bashing while reading through the thread, seems to be the "in" thing to be do at the moment.
    But does anyone that has criticised him actually have any bloody clue what he does or doesn't do? Or are they pulling it out of their arsé?
    Sometimes it's hard to sit idly by and read through some of the absolute muck that comes out on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement