Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal terms

• 15-03-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Can anyone provide the meaning of the outcomes of these cases?

Breach of the peace- Probation Act
    Taking a car without permission- Taken into Consideration
    Produce Certificate of Insurance- Struck out
    No insurance- Probation Act
    Fail to produce license- Struck Out
    No licences- Convicted

Mainly the taken into consideration outcome if possible.
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Hi all,
    Can anyone provide the meaning of the outcomes of these cases?

Breach of the peace- Probation Act
    Taking a car without permission- Taken into Consideration
    Produce Certificate of Insurance- Struck out
    No insurance- Probation Act
    Fail to produce license- Struck Out
    No licences- Convicted

Mainly the taken into consideration outcome if possible.
    Thanks for the help

Probation Act means the facts are proved by the prosecution but the accused isn't being convicted formally.
    Strike Out means there is no conviction as the prosecution or judge withdrew the charges or the facts were not proved.
    Taken into consideration means the facts were proved and the judge took them into consideration - conviction stands but no penalty except the Judge will remember as he's taken it into consideration.
    Convicted means convicted obviously and there is a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Thanks detective,

Would there be anywhere that I could get exact legal definitions

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

In most cases there is no such thing as an exact legal definition. Any good/large bookshop will carry legal dictionaries where you can get definitions of these terms but they would not be in the specific contexts mentioned.

Thanks lads looks liek ill have to go and get a book then or is there anything online that I could use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Whoever that was they got off pretty light.

You probably wont get a definition much better than what detective gave you. they aren't really legal terms but actions the judge takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Actually there are pleanty of free dictionaries online. Lots have a legal section. Just Google the term and you will probably get loads of dictionary results.

This case was against me. I have been trying to get through to my solicitor today and just have and he has told me that taken into consideration means "dismissed under the probation act, no conviction" in the context of my case.
    Just to clarify.
    Thanks to al for the help.

Advertisement