Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Set good value or not?

Options
  • 24-10-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Looking at these on rosebikes
    SHIMANO WH-R501 28"/700 C road wheel set they're €79.00 plus delivery €8.95.

Just wondering are they good value before I get the credit card out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

They may be good value pricewise, but as far as I know they do not have a great reputation. I was considering the purchase of a Lapierre road bike 2 years ago, which came with Shimano 501s and was advised that I should upgrade the wheelset immediately, if I proceeded with the purchase. I suppose it very much depends on the amount and type of cycling you intend to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Chipbutty wrote: »
    Looking at these on rosebikes
    SHIMANO WH-R501 28"/700 C road wheel set they're €79.00 plus delivery €8.95.

Just wondering are they good value before I get the credit card out?

Thanks
    They are excellent wheels for the price, good quality loose bearing hubs, smooth rolling and my set at least have stayed true since new. I've never really seen any complaints about these wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Price is about right too, I got them from Wiggle a few months ago for 86.37 all in and that was considerably cheaper than anything I found at the time.

Bought them as wanted a separate wheel for turbo but also wanted to be able to use them for winter and they came with good recommendations for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

A set of Shimano wheels at less than €90.00 delivered .... of course they're good value! Even if you throw them in the bin after 12 months they'll have been cheap!!

Advertisement