Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long sleeve thermal jersey recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Giordana FRC:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/giordana-frc-l-s-jersey/rp-prod117638
    But the more I'm looking around the further I get from any decision. Any opinions or suggestions from the above or something else? Or should I just save up and get a Gabba?
    I have the Giordana one above (bought one in black / yellow when it was available) and I like it, but I am a fan of their garments in general, found them very good. Currently being used a lot. However, this jersey does not have much of windproofing, but there is another version of it that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I've both the DHB top and a Gabba. I'm a big fan of the DHB one. Wore it a lot last winter and found it great in all sorts of weather. Heavy enough fabric so not cold enough yet this autumn/winter to start wearing it again. Fit is excellent, quality excellent, features excellent. I would definitely buy another if they had them in various colours. I've the Gabba a few months and I've only ever worn it twice. If you're someone that doesn't suffer the cold too badly (which I don't) then the Gabba is going to be too warm a top for a lot of our weather. I've found that I bake in it. Maybe when the temps drop to low/mid single figures I'll change my mind. Absolutely it will be outstanding on the days that it's really suited to, but it's more limited in its use because of that.

I've absolutely no problem throwing the DHB top in the wash either while it nearly killed me to put the Gabba in the machine. Gabba is an excellent, high quality, top of the range, technical jersey - but unless it's for wet weather riding I don't see myself wearing it much. For just cold days I'll layer up with the DHB one so I'll likely wear it far more often this winter. Hard to compare them TBH, they're different beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've a gabba short sleeve and find that and an under armour or similar long sleeve perfect in the current condition in the depths of winter a long sleeve would be the job I reckon. I'll be on the turbo so no need for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Thanks everyone for the advice. Based on Plastik's experience I think I'll go with the initial favorite and get the dhb Windslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Gabba all the way! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement