Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 7 City Centre to Leapordstown

Options
  • 01-09-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

What is the quickest way to get from O'Connells Street to Leapordstown? I'm finally getting full time employment and am wondering would I be better moving or is the commute viable five days a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Sitec wrote: »
    What is the quickest way to get from O'Connells Street to Leapordstown? I'm finally getting full time employment and am wondering would I be better moving or is the commute viable five days a week?

It depends on what part of Leopardstown you are going to be based in. If it's in and around the Racecourse/Industrial Estate then the Luas will be the best option. If it's the Stillorgan Dual carriageway/Galloping Green end then the 46A or 145 may well be handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I need to get to Central Park, Leapordstown. I think it's basically in the centre?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

There is a Luas stop at central park, funnily enough by the same name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Some of the companies also have a private bus service to/from Central Park operated by Executive Express.

devnull wrote: »
    There is a Luas stop at central park, funnily enough by the same name :)

Yep I'm aware of that, I'm not from Dublin so what is the best way of getting from O'Connell street to a Luas stop than can connect to Central Park? From the Luas website I need to get to St.Stephens Green and commute from there... How long would this journey take?

Apologies for all the questions but I can drive from Kilkenny to Leapordstown in about 1 hour 40 mins so just trying to weigh my options up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

http://hittheroad.ie

best site iv found for what public transport to use

http://hittheroad.ie

best site iv found for what public transport to use

Excellent, configured the bus and Luas for the journey. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

For the time it takes, you would probably be a good deal quicker to walk to the Luas from O'Connell Street.

Advertisement