Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Good business alright,pity though, would have liked to see more of him.

We look to have beaten all the top clubs to the signing of this lad too

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7036197,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

"No chance, that is impossible. Because I have my own academy [in Sierra Leone) where I have to take care of 13 children, day in, day out. My wages are more important to them, than they are for me. Manchester City is the richest club in the world. They work to a budget that no one else works to, so they can write their own rules. Right now, the club has got itself in a situation where a lot of players have to go on loan" - Bellamy

Have to say a nice quote from Bellamy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Have to say i like the new Home Kit

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/July/New-Manchester-City-home-kit-revealed

and i dunno whether to believe it or not but Corinthians have come back with a £40 million bid for tevez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

if they they have then let him go. You folks need to focus on gettin a fairly amazin replacement. And for the love me god please please get rid of adebayor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Anybody else watching the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Yeah, two great goals, SWP is playing out of his skin, also Savic, Dzeko and Clichy looking impressive.

Yeah Clichy did fantastic for the second goal as did Dzeko... Although I always find Dzeko to be too greedy in the key moments!

Vesseli and McGivern throwing in some decent performences as well... Poor ol SWP though, no matter what he does he's destined for the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Tevez looks to be closer to the door.

I didnt see any of last match, so no idea how they played barring what you guys have said. I always hoped Dzeko would come into it more and start getting over that first season in the PL gitters. But he cant be depended on so lets hope for some impressive striker to arrive in too and give some competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Man City have accepted Corinthians' latest bid for Carlos Tevez.

while a part of me would love to see Given stay with City, the realistic part of me knows that a move this season was inevitable.

Given needs regular football, is a top quality goal keeper, and I hope the Villa deal works out for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

folan wrote: »
    while a part of me would love to see Given stay with City, the realistic part of me knows that a move this season was inevitable.

Given needs regular football, is a top quality goal keeper, and I hope the Villa deal works out for him.

3.5m its a great deal for villa, although i think he could do better than villa.

tevez good as gone now, and in a way its not a bad thing to get that sorted out before season starts, now for his replacement????

please get rid of cry baby adebayor...and as for barry, get a midfielder who can pass the ball FORWARD not sideways and backwards all the time!!!

The transfer window in Brazil shuts on Wednesday so any deal with Corinthians has to be done by then,they are denying that a deal is in place already.

Boateng gone today aswell,wish him well

John Guidetti signs new contract then scores last night against Vancouver Whitecaps.SWP scores a screamer of a winner.

Yaya's injury hopefully not as bad as first suspected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Gillington wrote: »
    John Guidetti signs new contract then scores last night against Vancouver Whitecaps.SWP scores a screamer of a winner.

Yaya's injury hopefully not as bad as first suspected

Excellent! I was under the impression that Guidetti was leaving, so delighted he is staying and hopefully he gets some game time under his belt this coming season.

I wonder has SWP done enough to keep him at City and impress Bobby Manc?

I've watched both games and SWP has been the pick of the bunch, with Vlad Weiss coming in second!

I always get this feeling that Mancini just doesn't want SWP but tbh i'd love to have him stay, he always offers something a little different when he comes on!

Not sure what to make of Savic, seems pretty gung ho anyway, flies into tackles... kinda looks like a guy that'll be caught in possesion quite a bit as he likes to try and play!

Clichy has been fantastic, always wants to play and is great at moving the ball.

Essential bedtime reading from @swissramble here. Why Man City's whopping new deal should be quite acceptable to UEFA.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Jo has moved to Internacional

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Jo has moved to Internacional

first time he has 'moved' for about 12 months...........:D:D

Forza Italia claim that Inter Milan may offer Wesley Sneijder in exchange for Carlos Tevez.

• Advertisement

Desire. wrote: »
    Forza Italia claim that Inter Milan may offer Wesley Sneijder in exchange for Carlos Tevez.

Saw this earlier. Have to say I'm keen to see Tevez gone before the season starts, I read reports yesterday that Mancini does not want him back either.

Anyone who checks out www.mcfc.co.uk take a look at one of the latest videos posted up titled.... Summer Tour, Training Day 13.. although the video itself says Training Day 14... You'll cop it yourself. It was put up at 3:02am July 22nd!

But anyway.. Bit of play between Mario and Dzeko near the end that is quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

New jersey looks well IMO. Saw it just now in lifestyle but held of on buying it because the numbering is only black or white in lifestyle but navy on mcfc.co.uk

Would you think that it's going to be navy or like last year only navy for Europe?

Not soo sure darsar

Timo Hildebrand linked up with the squad in America

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Anyone know the latest on Michael Johnson's fitness? Apparently we're looking at him again(Leeds).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Balotelli just went clean through on goal . . and tried to back-heel his shot past goalkeeper. He missed. Mancini is furious #MCFC
    Mancini is substituting Balotelli in disgrace. 30 minutes gone. #MCFC
    Mancini and Balotelli now arguing on the touchline, Mancini blanked him at first but Balo went over to protest #MCFC

From Daniel Taylor

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ballotelli fighting with Mancini again. Apparently he tried to score with a cheeky back heel and missed.

Mancini went mad and substituted him. Blanked him when Ballotelli was walking off but the mad Italian walked up to Roberto and started shouting at him. Never a dull moment with Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

He was then substituted, Mancini blanked him, Balotelli stood there screamin at him while everyone else was sat down on the bench. After he sat down he threw a bottle which went a fair bit onto the pitch, one of the city staff ran out after it.

I dont think il have him in my fantasy team for the start of the season :pac:

Better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jaysus anyone see clichy after the collision of heads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

Stupid to haul Balotelli off for that in a friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hedman wrote: »

Not at all.

The lad needs to know not to **** up no matter what. He's possibly the most immature and egotistical player in the Premiership at the moment no matter how much money he gives to a homeless guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Stupid for him to do it in the first place. It may only be a pre season friendly but I think it shows a lack of respect for his fellow players and the opposition. He looked like he didn't give a shít about the game at all. Mancini was right to take him off.

Great player but I don't like his attitude on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Hart scores winning peno :D

mars bar wrote: »
    Not at all.

The lad needs to know not to **** up no matter what. He's possibly the most immature and egotistical player in the Premiership at the moment no matter how much money he gives to a homeless guy.

I disagree tbh. If it was a competitive match then absolutely yes but it's a friendly. Take him off at HT and give him a bollocking in the dressing room by all means but doing it straight after just escalates the issue imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I disagree tbh. If it was a competitive match then absolutely yes but it's a friendly. Take him off at HT and give him a bollocking in the dressing room by all means but doing it straight after just escalates the issue imo.

Slight bit of public humiliation for Balotelli like that might force him get his act together a small bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Would have been a great goal had it worked :pac:

Slight bit of public humiliation for Balotelli like that might force him get his act together a small bit.

Are we talking about the same Balotelli? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

By doing it publicly I think Mancini is showing that he won't put up with that sort of arsing around. Also Balotelli was the one that made a scene of it afterwards anyway.

I've gained a lot of respect for Mancini after that.

bond (Dalton) is a fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just watching the game on ESPN now from yesterday.

Clichy! :eek: He was falling all over the shop when he got up. I'd say he doesn't remember too much of the game today. Hope he is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

mars bar wrote: »
    Just watching the game on ESPN now from yesterday.

Clichy! :eek: He was falling all over the shop when he got up. I'd say he doesn't remember too much of the game today. Hope he is okay.

Just seen it on there as well myself. Looked nasty, poor lad didn't know where he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
    #mcfc have agreed a £35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Sergio Aguero. Player en route from Buenos Aires to Ardwick.

Personal terms just to be agreed then. Will be interesting to see just how big his wages will be.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Should be a great signing and provides flexibility with respect to the Tevez situation.

Hart

Kompany

De Jong
    Barry(?)

Silva
    Yaya
    AJ

Tevez
    Aguero

Balotelli
    Džeko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Aguero signs a few autographs after medical

357155371.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311773277&Signature=TP5WE9Tli8RErZpvzu8jKCheWM8%3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hart

Kompany

De Jong
    Barry(?)

Silva
    Yaya
    AJ

Tevez
    Aguero

Balotelli
    Džeko

Manager: Ossie Ardiles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow, great signing for City. This is only the start I'd imagine. I'm looking forward to seeing who else comes in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is that you lot?? :eek:

Porto have rejected a staggering €80million (£70.6m) bid for Brazilian striking ace Hulk from an undisclosed club, according to his agent.

Several European giants are thought to be in the market for the 24-year-old this summer, with Manchester City, Chelsea and AC Milan among the names to be linked with the hitman.
    However Hulk, who signed a five-year extension on his deal with treble-winning Porto in May, has a €100million (£89.5m) release clause in his contract.
    The player has continually stressed his intention to remain at the Estadio do Dragao and his agent, Teodoro Fonseca, claims Porto snubbed the €80m offer without leaving room for any negotiation.
    "I would be lying if I said no proposals have emerged to sign Hulk," Fonseca told Portuguese newspaper Record.
    "I think the highest bid was 80 million, but Porto did not even want to negotiate."
    Fonseca refused to be drawn on which club had tried to lure Hulk away from Porto.
    He added: "I cannot reveal that. But it is not hard to see because there are only three or four clubs who are able to present those kind of numbers for a player."
    The appointment of former Porto boss Andre Villas-Boas as manager at Chelsea has fuelled speculation that Hulk is poised for a move to Stamford Bridge.
    Big-spending Manchester City are also looking to bolster their frontline due to the expected departure of frontman Carlos Tevez, but are close to wrapping up a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Unbelievable signing for City. Can see ye winning the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Confirmed on Aguero's twitter that he has signed.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Tevez even get a game this year, I doubt Bobby Manc will want to play him in fairness. Delighted with this signing, lets hope he beds in quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement