Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a collection

Options
  • 30-07-2014 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hopefully this hasn't been done to death but I am interested in starting a collection, small items initially then as funds allows hopefully grow.
    Am looking at Iron Cross, Eastern Front Winter Medal, German Wound Badge etc. (Doesn't have to be German WW2 specific, these are just common badges that I am aware of)

Did you guys here buy off the internet and if so could you recommend dealers. I am unsure as to where would be the best places to look in Ireland for these items so was going to start online, with possible recommended dealers first.

Thanks for any help given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

"You don't have anything from the allied side? "

"No, no. That sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all I'm afraid."

Sorry, couldn't resist :pac:

Start cheap and with the common items I would say! Don't go off the deep end and get shystered with copies. Learn as you go.

Some evergreens such as victory medals from WW1. Or the East Front medal, they are quite cheap since several million were issued. Get to know reputable dealers, likely online if you are living in Ireland. And if something seems like a bargain that is too good to be true, likely it is not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭KAZ0077

Thanks for the reply -
    Any shops that you would recommend online?

I see some in the stickies but was wondering there was any you are aware of that weren't in there?

Cheers!!

Advertisement