Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale Regatta fireworks

Options
  • 30-07-2014 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know what time the fireworks are on Sunday night. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Fireworks nearly always start right after it gets dark and sunset is 9:20pm on Sunday. Do not know for sure but good guess would be soon after this but definitely not before this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Anyone know where the fireworks are set off from?
    Looking to try to take some photos if I can so basically looking for a viewing point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

If you go up past the Spaniard you have a great view over the harbour/pier - there is a small place to pull in about half mile up but I'd say it will be full early (only 3 or 4 cars) - might be a nice night for a stroll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

SK76 wrote: »
    If you go up past the Spaniard you have a great view over the harbour/pier - there is a small place to pull in about half mile up but I'd say it will be full early (only 3 or 4 cars) - might be a nice night for a stroll

Cheers.. Ended up going up where you suggested but in the small housing development just over that parking bay. Fine spot for views of Kinsale but the angle was slightly wrong to get photos of the fireworks 'over' the town.
    Only found out very late that they were being set off from James Fort. Prob should have gone more towards Charlesfort for a better angle. I'll know the next time!!

Some photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39020932@N05/sets/72157645760272698/

Advertisement