Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic exit barriers - weekly ticket not working

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I want to vent.
    I spend 60 quid every week on my train ticket to heuston station.
    But why does the ticket not work in the exit barriers after about 2 days of use?? the machine just keeps sucking it in and spitting it back out repeatedly and I always have to get someone to let me in. Nearly made me miss a train a few times. .this is my third week in a row for this to happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

paper tickets are notoriously unreliable - if you got an annual ticket it would be a smartcard which works better. Its likely the weekly & monthly tickets will become smart/leap cards in the near future also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Do you use the ticket on the bus?

Bus validators are poorly maintained and will frequently corrupt Irish Rail tickets so next time you pass through the turnstile it will not work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Bus validators are poorly maintained and will frequently corrupt Irish Rail tickets so next time you pass through the turnstile it will not work

The only piece of good-news gossip :eek: relating to this,is the high probability that the Mag-Card Validators will be GONE by CHRISTMAS ...Yee Ha....(Weather,and LeapCard integration permitting :))

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Irish Rails tickets become corrupted at the drop of a hat - every morning I get stuck behind someone with a non-validating ticket. More often than not these are singles or returns, so they've never been near a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

No I don't use this one on the bus. I get about 2 days out of it if I'm lucky.
    If I just used my leap card would it work out the same money? I go to kildare - heuston 5 days a week

• Advertisement
Advertisement