Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung cock up massive hole in most devices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I must say I think this has been blown out of proportion a bit. I still think it would be difficult to exploit. You need to MITM it which is possible, but hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It is blown up a bit. MITM and the language updater running at that time aswell I think. Plus patches are rolling out already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

The patch being pushed by ISP's leaves me a little bemused . Most wont push that at all. As the isp standpoint would be not our monkey's. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

cock up massive hole :0

(Im sorry)

I would second the MITM idea, might be worth your while if you've the patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

So no one in here thinks that GSM 3g 4g cell tower hacking is not being done in ireland today . ( Hmmmmmm lolz)

Interceptors hmmm men in the middle lolz :-
    http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/mysterious-phony-cell-towers-could-be-intercepting-your-calls

• Advertisement
Advertisement