Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Bands??

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

We're getting married in Redcastle in Inishowen this October(2009). Can anyone recommend any good bands on the wedding scene up that way because I'm based in Galway so have never seen any up that way. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

HI, There is a band called "Bar Flies" they are very good although they may be booked up for October though..I have'nt gt a phone number but if you ring any of the hotels in donegal town they might be able to help you! the lead guy in the band is aled Paul Coughlan..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

http://www.donegalweddingdirectory.com/Categories/Bands.htm
    Might be of some use for contact details.

I'd recommend Keltic Kaos, excellent band and always a great night when they play. (i've them booked for my wedding next year:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Lots of great Bands around, make sure though that when you book they don't take one for later that night somewhere else, one of the above mentioned did that at a wedding I was at and as the meal ran a bit late the band only played for a short period so they could go onto their other gig and still were paid very well. I

ts worth bearing in mind as travelling from Redcastle say back to Letterkenny might see a band wanting to finish early to get to next gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Senna wrote: »
    http://www.donegalweddingdirectory.com/Categories/Bands.htm
    Might be of some use for contact details.

I'd recommend Keltic Kaos, excellent band and always a great night when they play. (i've them booked for my wedding next year:D)

we tried to get them but they were booked - very highly recommended. We are using the Pat Gallagher band - him off Goats Don't Shave - and all dealings with them have been great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You could try the Beefsteak Dancers. The hotel will probably have numbers for them and other popular bands but most will be booked up well in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Congrats on the upcoming marriage!

I got married in Inishowen in August (in Ballyliffin). My wife is from there but because we both live in Meath, we weren't able to find a band up there, so we hired a Dublin band, who traveled up to preform on the big day.

If you like, I can PM you the name, but trust me when I say it was well worth having them travel up, they really did get our guests going (they did DJ too)! :D

My point is, try and look further afield if you can't find a suitable band in Inishowen, it might be worth having a band you like travel up to preform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'd second sesswhat - the Beefsteak Dancers are brilliant, really lively and versatile. They're good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

I'm with Senna on Keltic Kaos, had them at our wedding, seen them lots of times at different functions. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I have seen Splitz play at a few weddings and they were very good. Great for getting the crowd going. They are from Derry. Did the Disco also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Joe Hall

Good Call With Pat Gallagher!!... My Friend plays with them... Great band!!

Keltic Kaos are Excellent too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Moosh10

HI Guys

We're getting married this OCt & are tryign to decide between Celtic KAos, Mucky Ducks & MoreCowbell.
    People have posted that Celtic Kaos are great with a "younger" crowd. Does that mean really young (20's) or more like 30's etc......

REally can't decide. Any help would be great:)

M

Joe Hall wrote: »
    Good Call With Pat Gallagher!!... My Friend plays with them... Great band!!

Keltic Kaos are Excellent too!!!

Pat Gallagher was amazing, a really nice guy and really got the crowd jumping. Happiest day of our lives!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tbh wrote: »
    Happiest day of our lives!! :p
    Early days yet :D

Keltic Kaos Do stuff for all ages they have a massive set list!! They could play 3 hours of jives waltzes and foxtrots AND then 3 hours of rock and chart stuff!!! lol

Really good!! I got my cousin to book them for his weddin in November!! Cant wait!!

Brilliant well I think I might go with KK then. Although they are a wee bit expensive in these recessionary times!!!

Any hope of negotiating with them do you think?

I'll put a shameless plug in here for my brother who is an entertainments manager so if you need a band and/or dj just send me a PM and I can pass on the contact details.

all shameless plugs allowed as long as they save much needed dosh:)

Don't understand what a PM is????? This is obviously something I should know but hey I'm useless:)

Moosh10 wrote: »
    all shameless plugs allowed as long as they save much needed dosh:)

Don't understand what a PM is????? This is obviously something I should know but hey I'm useless:)

private message. Click mufflers name, then from the drop down box "send a private message to muffler".

TXs
    :)

the little thumbs up button at the bottom right of the post :D

• Advertisement

Just like that :pac:

Moosh10 wrote: »
    Brilliant well I think I might go with KK then. Although they are a wee bit expensive in these recessionary times!!!

Any hope of negotiating with them do you think?

Not sure what they charge but the cousin has them booked for the band and to DJ after so he seems to think its a good price since no hassle gettin a DJ too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

KK are very dear, but like all bands or anything else haggle haggle, especially if your wedding is around 18months or less away. Most big bands book up early, so if they aren't booked for a date within a year, they might not get anything else, so will take less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dunna

Is the band that Pat Gallagher is in now called 'Shindig'????
    I have heard very good reports of them was was just wondering! :)
    Also, I have been to see the Beefsteak Dancers and Keltic Kaos and was wondering had anyone here been able to haggle much with them to get the price down a wee bit in these recessionary times???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

sesswhat wrote: »
    You could try the Beefsteak Dancers. The hotel will probably have numbers for them and other popular bands but most will be booked up well in advance.

+ 1 on the beefsteak Dancers great band and play for young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markj2009

I am looking for a wedding band and DJ for a reception in the Northwest in October this year. If anyone has any other recommendations to those already posted in this thread, would appreciate it.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

Big yes on Pat Gallagher's band...are they still called Shindig? They played a wedding I was at a couple of years ago and were absolutely brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

hi there, was reading this thread and just thought i would post... when you get the price, get it in writing as my sister got married recently and one of the bands metioned on this thread put the price up 2 weeks before the wedding.... sure nobody is going to say no to that with such short notice, quite a nasty stunt if you ask me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkleprechaun

Hi Folks,

Has anyone seen the Pat Gallagher Band lately or had them play at their wedding? I'm getting married in Donegal in June and they have come highly recommended. However, it is very difficult to get to see them as I live down South and they only seem to play at weddings!

Any other bands out there that can be recommended? We want something lively with that Irish feel as we will have a lot of international guests!

Thanks,

Pink

Advertisement