Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent kept my deposit

Options
  • 23-10-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi there i am a reluctant landlord, who let his house for the first time in August. I used a letting agent. The agreement was that they find suitable tenants then I pay them a fee for doing so. The tenant paid the letting agency a months rent and a months rent for deposit. So far the letting agency has paid me only half of what the tenant gave to them. They are ignoring my calls and emails. I am 100% determined to get my money back. Once their finders fee is taken out they owe me about a grand. I have sought legal advice but want to know has anyone been in a similar predicament?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Make a complaint about the agent to the PSRA

You can also check if they are registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Small Claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

A lot of 'agents' charge a months rent to find a tenent......robbing bastards in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Just as a matter of interest whats the story on rent?. Is the tenant to pay it to the letting agent and them on to you?. Cause you'd want to sort it out quick if their giving you grief already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

Definitely not I made sure that rent is paid directly to me. Raging about this...:mad:

Advertisement