Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roedale RCSII

Options
  • 22-01-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Wondering does anyone have a RCSII chassis. I'm thinking about a bit of a change for my T3 and am looking for a bit of info and feedback;
    feel, handling, weight, practicality etc... general real world use.

Thanks,
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Why not get a stock from PSE composites in Cork ? Irish made,light,superb standard of finish.
    I have not dealt with Roedale myself. A friend of mine had them build him a rifle some years ago. His opinion ? Never again.
    My 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

lefthooker wrote: »
    Hello all,

Wondering does anyone have a RCSII chassis. I'm thinking about a bit of a change for my T3 and am looking for a bit of info and feedback;
    feel, handling, weight, practicality etc... general real world use.

Thanks,
    James.

Roedale are a disaster to deal with. Stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Sika98k wrote: »
    Why not get a stock from PSE composites in Cork ? Irish made,light,superb standard of finish

I already have an Etac. Its a fabulous piece of kit but I just have an eye for an chassis right now.
    Roedale are a disaster to deal with. Stay away from them.
    I've read all the bad stuff. And there is a lot of it. Its the chassis itself I'm wanting to know about

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Gormley85

Again, just to add what the lads have already said I would avoid Roedale at all costs. The chassis isnt all that great either to be honest.

Gormley85 wrote: »
    Again, just to add what the lads have already said I would avoid Roedale at all costs. The chassis isnt all that great either to be honest.

Is that from the viewpoint of having handled one? Can you give more detail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The bloke in roedale should write country and western songs he has that much hard luck stories, i would never deal with him again.

The bloke in roedale should write country and western songs he has that much hard luck stories, i would never deal with him again.

Yeah there's a recurring theme of hard luck from Pete Lincoln. As much as I like his stock it might be more prudent to avoid the company.

lefthooker wrote: »
    Is that from the viewpoint of having handled one? Can you give more detail?

This was a good friend of mine who had the trouble. I wont bore you with all the hassle he had actually trying to get the chassis in the first place. It was just one problem after the next. But the chassis itself, well it wasnt actually *bad*.... but it wasnt great either. Personally Id take an AI over it any day of the week although I think your options are probably limited with a T3 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Keep your eyes peeled for information coming from Shot Show over the next few days, there should be some chassis' out for the Tikka.

How about the Xlr or Third eye tactical chassis?

patsat wrote: »
    Keep your eyes peeled for information coming from Shot Show over the next few days, there should be some chassis' out for the Tikka.

How about the Xlr or Third eye tactical chassis?

I was looking to get an XLR one time and long story short Kyle didnt have whatever paperwork needed to export firearm parts from the states... he was going to have to ship the chassis to another company (who did have the paperwork) and between their fees and possible customs here on our side the XLR went from a well priced chassis to exhorbitant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

Another option for the T3 is the KRG X-RAY chassis.
    Weight is around 3lbs so would be ok for hunting.
    www.marchscopes.co.uk are the importers

Advertisement