Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA Part time work

• 23-04-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I started a new job a few weeks ago and I'm on a three day week. I applied for JSA and I got a letter from the social welfare today. It said that under the means test I was entitled to claim and that they would deduct €24 for every day I work. €24 from what? They never actually said what they were going to give me.

Also, I claimed JSA before when I was unemployed and when I got the letter saying what amount I would receive it told me which day I was to collect my payment from the post office on. The letter I got today didn't say anything about that. I know one of the other girls in work gets a cheque sent to her. Is this common practice, or will the money be sent to the post office?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The €24 will be deducted from your personal rate which is €188. If you have a partner who is not working then you add an additional €124.80 and then €29.80 for each dependent child. So if you work 3 days in a week you will have €72 taken from your total weekly rate.

As a casual worker you will be paid by cheque each week in arrears. You must complete a yellow (or white) docket with X's for days not worked and O's for worked days or HP's for any holiday paid days. These dockets should be in your local office by Wednesday each week and then you should receive a cheque for that week the following Tuesday in the post. The payment run for cheques is Friday night, the the cheques post Monday and should arrive on Tuesday.

Advertisement