Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borat would be proud - OSCE dinner menu in Kakakhstan

• 02-12-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hit of a lamb? Shovel of a lamb? Dick stuffed apples anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

He'd be prouder if you spelled Kazakhstan correctly!!

(I shouldn't really be posting smart comments re Borat as my O/H's name is Oksana [seriously])

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No wifey cheese for dessert? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭cochineal

Yes he probably would - so I'll give you the most common version Kazakhstan and the variant Kazakstan. Get your girlfriend to translate this for you: Idee na huee.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan!

Obaraten - Do you think so? You're Polish aren't you? I was transliterating Russian and tranliteration varies naturally enough. But it's been a long time since I've used that particular phrase - if I've got it wrong let me know how you'd spell it. I think you got the idea anyway......

Obaraten wrote: »
    whats's nationality got to do with anything?and please it's a long time since you used that phrase..swearing at that guy isn't funny.it's rather childish.
    Whoa calm down there! Nationality has nothing to do with anything - I'm talking first languages here. And I would presume he'd take it as gentle ribbing rather than swearing - it's a subtle cultural thing. Anyway, I would never point out a spelling mistake to anyone - it's rude and you never know if someone has dyslexia or some other difficulty. Please don't take off on these nasty tangents.....

• Advertisement

For anyone who is interested this is the Russian for Feck Off (that'll teach you for pointing out spelling mistakes Papaquebec ;) - only joking)
    poshel na huee - male

poshla na huee - female

or
    idi na huee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Lol. somebody has no issues relating to their nationality whatsoever....

I really should be more sensitive - s/he could be a Kakakh, oops sorry a Kazakh!:D

cochineal wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested this is the Russian for Feck Off (that'll teach you for pointing out spelling mistakes Papaquebec ;) - only joking)
    poshel na huee - male

poshla na huee - female

or
    idi na huee

Ебать скидка!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

cochineal wrote: »
    Hit of a lamb? Shovel of a lamb? Dick stuffed apples anyone?

At least it wasnt dick stuffed lamb

lol! The above Russian also means Feck Off - pronounced Yebat Skeedka.

And you can : иди в жопу

For those interested in improving their vulgar vernacular this means Kiss My Ass - idee v jopu

orourkeda wrote: »
    At least it wasnt dick stuffed lamb

I think that's considered a delicacy in Wales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well at least Borat's sister is probably making a few quid with all those officials there.

Advertisement