Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp downgrade

Options
  • 09-10-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

hey, just wondering if there is anyone around the cork area that fancies helping me out with downgrading my psp for me. I got a free one recently, think its version 2.6.1. I haven't even used the thing yet. I had a quick look at downgrading but it looks like a lot of hassle and I don't really have the time to figure it all out. Ill never use it if I can't get some decent games on it... like the old arcade games, nes emulators etc...
    So, is there anyone around that I could just hand the thing to and you could do the work for me ;-) no problem giving someone a few bob to do so.

cheers,
    james

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Well if you got your hands on a game called Lumines you can do it easily, i promise. Ill guide you through it.

Theres easy installers that do everything for you with no moving files or creating folders. All you have to remember is to have your psp fully charged and plugged in, and to format your memory stick and restore default settings before and after firmware upgrade\downgrade.

Edit: You can do it without the Lumines game if you update to firmware 2.80.
    Use this easy installer:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=1044

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

If I was you, I'd try it myself. I just did the lumines downgrade about 2 weeks ago myself, and was surprised how easily it can be done, Once you read all the instructions carefully its fairly easy

Dregon wrote:
    I just did the lumines downgrade about 2 weeks ago myself, and was surprised how easily it can be done, Once you read all the instructions carefully its fairly easy

Yeah, then you end up doing about 8 of them in one month....
    It is crazy easy. I originally downgraded mine with the 2.80 HEN exploit as i had no working umd drive. Since then i have bought Lumines for a tenner and done it that way. Lumines method FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i got a pre-owned on in game. it was on v2.81. so i upgraded it to like 3..03 or something like that and went out and bought a copy of the GTA game that seemingly you were meant to be able to use to downgrade to 2.5... but no !
    so now i have GTA :) not really into that game... thats y i went out and bought n2s !

where did ye guys get lumines? ebay?
    no chance of getting it in game they said.

I got mine for a tenner in xtravision. Seen it yesterday in some ****e toy store for 34eur!!! They'll rip ya off on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There is always the pandora option but you will need to know someone with a hacked psp to get it to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I got a pre-owned Lumines for a tenner in smyths in town, they told me that it was that price new as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭randombar

Will be in cork in a couple o weeks and can bring down pandoras battery and mem stick if ya like?

Advertisement