Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double or single room?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Myself and a mate heading to london next week, he has booked in to a student accomadation hall and booked a single room with a shared bathroom and full breakfast for 43 pound a night. I'm not sure how I feel about the shared bathroom though so the double ensuite room is 73 pound a night. I don't know what to book what do you lot think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Maybe i'm getting old, but I like being able to open the bathroom door and not have some hairy half naked dude standing outside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well maybe you wont be so lonely if you decide to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

ever heard of tune hotels they are pretty cheap and you get your on bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lonelylady321

It's not about been lonely it's about comfort and cleanliness/hygiene.
    My friend has already booked his place so I'm going to stay in the same place just can't decide what room to get is an extra 100 worth it for an ensuite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Single room normally means one single bed, double means one double bed. Wouldn't a twin room be more suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 anonanon103

traprunner wrote: »
    Single room normally means one single bed, double means one double bed. Wouldn't a twin room be more suitable?

As OP has already said he has his accommodation booked already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

As OP has already said he has his accommodation booked already

Sorry, misread your post. It all comes down to whether you prefer to wait in a queue to use a bathroom. Depending on how many rooms share the bathroom then you could be waiting quite a while. From my experience, shared bathrooms are often dirtier (no experience of them in the UK though). While it wouldn't have bothered me as much in the past, it would these days and I'd always go for an ensuite.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

It's not about been lonely it's about comfort and cleanliness/hygiene.
    My friend has already booked his place so I'm going to stay in the same place just can't decide what room to get is an extra 100 worth it for an ensuite?

It's worth it, for comfort, safety and peach of mind.

Would have been cheaper for you to share the double, or get a twin. Somethimes in these places the double bed can split in two.

Advertisement