Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping / Modding my PSP ??

Options
  • 12-10-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

hi,

just bought a psp on adverts and wondering could someone give me some advice on getting it chipped?

friend of mine got one chipped from thailand to play downloaded games from a memory card....

what exactly can i do with the PSP in terms of modding?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This is the wrong forum for this kind of talk (you can get banned for it).

Go to the console modding forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

moved from PS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Chipping is not the way to go for psp's. There are simple softmods for psp. You'll have to downgrade the psp and then give it custom firmware. Check out psp-hacks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

If you check your firmware in the system settings and its below or at 2.80 you can downgrade without a savegame exploit or some modchip. Modchips are fairly useless like animaX says.

If its above 2.80 and under or at 3.50 you can use the Lumines exploit to downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

PM-Have a look at calo's site, www.calo-hacks.com -its great for all modding issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭randombar

if you wanna send me a battery and mem stick for about 40 notes i could send ya a pandoras battery, or if you're in dublin at some stage i could just run the battery for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

cheers for the heads up guys,

it's double dutch to me to be honest, i am clueless when it comes to this kind stuff so excuse the ignorance.....

garysocs - what exactly is the pandoras battery ? what does it do for me... will i be able to play cracked games from a memory card ?

I think pandoras battery is the dogs b****x, basically no matter how bad your psp is you can always restore it with this pandoras barttery.

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/pandoras-battery.html

don't ask me how they have done it but they managed to tweak the battery so the battery will load up an installer from the memory stick that will downgrade your psp to 1.5 and then you can add the "Home brew" i.e. the method of playing games from the memory stick.

I have a 4gig stick with about 10 games on it, saves battery life and money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There are easier methods than pandora's battery. If you have firmware 3.50 or less you can downgrade without modding the battery. See nick olivieri's post above. If you have 3.51 or more, then pandora is the only option

garysocs i am actually based in dublin, in blackrock.and i have 2 PSP's that i'd like this done to... how much would that be ?

i'll check the firmware on thiem this evening and see what they are, i can decide what to do then

thanks again for the help lads - keep the suggestions coming - as i say it's all new to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

The two psps you have should be able to downgrade easy enough if they they are both 2nd hand..It is simple enough to do just read the instructions on downgrading your firmware but make sure you do it right because if you do it wrong you can brick your psp and it will be unusable.
    It did not have a clue when I did mine but it was grand and its working perfectly :D

Ya it doesn't matter what you do to them if you have pandoras battery, doesn't matter what firmware either of them are at too! The cousin has my battery at the moment so I'll get him to post it up to me and then we can sort em out? both of em for 40 notes sound ok?

yes mate that sounds perfect, can you send me a PM so and we can arrange something. can i get whatever games you have aswell ?

Advertisement